Pandemic Blues

balinas

Hello all!  While I play and record music, I have been hesitant to get out there publicly with it.  Here is my latest, and a true multi-national collaborative project.   A friend wrote the lyrics.  I write, sing and play the instruments, and my wife sings backup.  Great fun to do!  Enjoy!!  And please, click on "Like" if you like it!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, David Sprouse said:

this sounds like a Denny Laine classic.  Really enjoyed the song.  Who is mr. balint?

I have always loved Denny Laine and the Moody Blues!  Thanks for that blast from the past link!  Mr. Balint is just some ordinary, retired joe living in the eastern USA who has toyed with music his entire life.   I really appreciate your listening!  Cheers!

9 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

For a blues song, you had me smiling throughout. You have a truly unique voice that fits the genre well. Not sure if you've posted in the songs forum before, but would be cool to hear more from you.

Thanks for the comment!  I dont usually sing with that much gravel in my voice, but that is what naturally came out the instant I hit 'record' on this song.  I have only posted one other song on the old Cakewalk forum quite a few years ago.  I will see about posting a few more.  Cheers!

On 8/5/2020 at 8:18 PM, DeeringAmps said:

Reminds me of some cofffeehouse gigs in the late 60's, early 70's.
Pete Seeger comes to mind more than Laine for me, though I don't think Seeger ever used this instrumentation.

Dropped a like over at Tube, looks like you're getting some action...

tom

Thanks for the comments and the 'Like!'  We are surprised by the response on YouTube.  This morning we had 3200+ views.  

I have played in a few coffee houses, but not until the mid-70's.  I haven't listened much to Pete Seeger recently.  I will have to dig out a few of his albums!