SpectraLayers Pro 7 released (not a deal exactly!)

balinas

On 8/6/2020 at 8:05 PM, simon said:

👍- although I think some of those bugs are gonna take a little more than 2 weeks to shake out

Hi there - we're aware of the many issues at launch. A patch is coming this wednesday, fixing  all the issues that have been reported so far.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Robin Lobel said:

Hi there - we're aware of the many issues at launch. A patch is coming this wednesday, fixing  all the issues that have been reported so far.

fixing "ALL" the issues ?

and Hi Robin, welcome to the forum :)

Edited by simon

Thanks - well, all the issues that were reported so far (directly or indirectly on various forums). If you still have troubles after this patch, feel free to report to me directly at contact(at)divideframe[dot]com, or on the Steinberg SpectraLayers forum.

Edited by Robin Lobel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2020 at 10:00 AM, Matthew Sorrels said:

I don't think there is a VST2 plugin?  Sure didn't ask for a directory to put it into.

There was a .DLL with the same filename, so I assumed it was the VST2 version. It's not. Failed to scan. My bad.

As of 11:04 MST (now same as Pacific), the update has yet to show up in via the Steinberg update app.

24 minutes ago, John Maar said:

As of 11:04 MST (now same as Pacific), the update has yet to show up in via the Steinberg update app.

it's been delayed (rather predictably !) - should be out in the next few days

Not the Devs fault - Steinberg have a slow release/approval/publication pipeline.  Not the first time I've heard of finished patches and releases being delayed, sometimes for quite a while.  The irony is that a lot of SB stuff is pretty buggy so they don't actually seem to do much Q/A  during these delays.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 11:37 PM, Bapu said:

Well, I finally got into Steiny site. Nothing on my free SL6 -> SL7 upgrade.

Wrote MAGIX and they replied back that I will see my activation code within a week or two. 😡

Did you purchase SL6 via the Samplitude Pro X4 Suite + Free Steinberg SpectraLayers Pro 6 promo ?

I had written to Magix and they did not confirm that their license of SL6 could be upgraded to SL7 for free, when the latter is released.

10 hours ago, Kal S said:

Did you purchase SL6 via the Samplitude Pro X4 Suite + Free Steinberg SpectraLayers Pro 6 promo ?

I had written to Magix and they did not confirm that their license of SL6 could be upgraded to SL7 for free, when the latter is released.

No, I purchased the Pro 4 Suite to Pro 5 Suite upgrade which *did* include a free SL7 upgrade and I got my serial number yesterday, so I'm "all good in the hood".

• Thanks 1

The patch to SpectraLayers Pro 7 has been very nice to work with.  While I haven't been through everything, it is markedly more stable on my setup.  The 'Unmix' feature has been helpful in carving out 'voice' in a few recordings so that I may manipulate some reverb reduction.  The songs I have been working with only have the finished mix, and I dont have the original stems to work with.  "Unmix" has made this easier.  

• Like 1