SpectraLayers Pro 7 released (not a deal exactly!)

balinas

We're pleased to announce the immediate availability of SpectraLayers Pro 7 and SpectraLayers Elements 7.

This new version of our advanced spectral editing software now includes many powerful features that have been enhanced through Artificial Intelligence, including:

• New Artificial Intelligence algorithms that can sense discrete events in a sound field and isolate them on independent, colorful layers for processing.
• Unmix tracks to stems to extract the different instruments to separate layers, such as vocals, piano, bass, drums, and more.
• Unmix components to deconstruct stems into tone, noise and transient component layers.
• Pattern Finder to select a target sound and then automatically locate and select every other similar sound in the spectrum.
• Voice Denoiser to recognize and isolate the human voice and then attenuate everything but the voice for maximum intelligibility.
• Repair processes including AI-powered Clip and Click repair, Hum reduction and improved Healing.
• Improved Playback tool and Transform tool now featuring a new Transform Selection mode.
• Improved ARA 2 layer management creates new layers in the ARA environment.
• VST 3 plug-in support on a per-layer basis, in both standalone and ARA modes.
• Further improvements including customizable UI luminosity, a playback VU meter, rapid tool toggling, the ability to render a selected layer directly and much more.

Check out a more detailed description of the new features at the Steinberg website and get ready to get your minds blown.

• Like 2

$80 to make Spectralayers Pro 6 do what it should have done when it was released.  I went ahead and did the upgrade, but I'm not very happy about it.

Just did a quick spin with it in stand-alone mode.  The processing seems kind of slow.  For example you can't easily or quickly preview VST3 plugins.  While the preview is playing changes to the plugin's UI don't seem to take effect (or at least didn't for the R4 reverb) I had to stop the preview and press the preview button again, which then takes a really long time to start playing (on a monster machine).  And you can't toggle the bypass effect during the preview playback.  It's very awkward.  Maybe I'm missing something but this isn't how VST3 effects should be.

The layers in ARA 2 is a welcome addition.  Seemed to work.  I loaded in some audio, unmixed the stems and each one was a layer. Inside Nuendo (didn't try anything else yet).

Note: if you are going to uninstall SL 6, do it BEFORE you install SL 7.  They share the same VST3 plugin.  So if you uninstall SL6 after you install SL7 you lose the ARA plugin and have to reinstall.

• Thanks 3

I'm due a free update but can't get on Steinbergs site. Says my password is incorrect (the very one I used the last time I logged in).  I requested a password reset. They said it may take up to 5 minutes to receive the email with a code to enter. It's been over 3 hours and yes I did check my spam folder.

On 8/3/2020 at 12:43 PM, Matthew Sorrels said:

Note: if you are going to uninstall SL 6, do it BEFORE you install SL 7.  They share the same VST3 plugin.  So if you uninstall SL6 after you install SL7 you lose the ARA plugin and have to reinstall.

Oops. My SL6 uninstall seemed to also remove the VST2 plugin. The good news, however, is that both are available in the SpectraLayers 7 app folder...the VST3 version under C:\Program Files\Steinberg\SpectraLayers 7\ARA\VST3 and the VST2 version under C:\Program Files\Steinberg\SpectraLayers 7\Win64. I just copied them to my VST2 and VST3 folders.

Thanks for the heads-up!

So with Spectral Layers "AI" algorithms able to "sense discrete events in a sound field and isolate them on independent, colorful layers" and Greg Ondo saying in his weekly Cubase hangouts that Variaudio "currently" only works with monophonic source material, is it a stretch to think that a polyphonic Variaudio may be in the works for Cubase Pro 11?  🤞

Every audio app/plugin on earth is using the TensorFlow stuff to split audio into parts.  Acoustica 7 has it and now Spectralayers are the two I know about.  I'd bet other plugins/apps are also using it.  With the right training I think it does a OK job.  But I'd not want to count on it all that much.  SL7's splitter isn't bad but each layer isn't exactly pure or clean.  Better than nothing but not quite as good as real stems.

https://www.tensorflow.org/

Edited by Matthew Sorrels
English fixes plus link to tensorflow.org

22 hours ago, Bapu said:

Well, I finally got into Steiny site. Nothing on my free SL6 -> SL7 upgrade.

Wrote MAGIX and they replied back that I will see my activation code within a week or two. 😡

I'm in the same boat.  I was about to email them.  I will wait a week to see what happens.  I'm not in a hurry.  

Is there any need to keep SL6 if you get SL7?   My C drive is starting to get full......

33 minutes ago, simon said:

can I suggest you hold off installing SL7 for now.....it really is full of showstopping bugs.....buy it by all means but you're gonna get frustrated with all the things that don't work.

I guess it's a good thing I'm going to have to wait a couple weeks for it.  😉

40 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

I guess it's a good thing I'm going to have to wait a couple weeks for it.  😉

👍- although I think some of those bugs are gonna take a little more than 2 weeks to shake out

• Haha 1

On 8/3/2020 at 1:23 PM, Bapu said:

I'm due a free update but can't get on Steinbergs site. Says my password is incorrect (the very one I used the last time I logged in).  I requested a password reset. They said it may take up to 5 minutes to receive the email with a code to enter. It's been over 3 hours and yes I did check my spam folder.

For anyone interested in Vegas, SFPro in now included in all editions of Vegas 18.  And they say that if you upgrade by the 11th SpectraLayers Pro 7 in included in the price.