Volume on Start is different after stop and start

JohnK

Question

I have a project (its the only one I have noticed it on) where when I open it up, everything is extra loud. After pressing stop and then play again, its back to where I have set it with my volume sliders in track properties.

The"loud" volume I think was the original volume that I toned down as it was causing peaks. I have checked the tracks for stray controller events, and they are clean. I have attached one of the synths (multi timbral), but Its happening with the other synth (also multi-timbral).

Whats going on? In the two images, all thats different is that the first is after I press play on opening the project, and the second is after I press stop and then play again opr any other time I press play after the first manual stop. Its looped, and if I let it play the loop the first time, it will stay at the higher volume.

Start.PNG

After.PNG

4 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Check carefully for volume events, midi and instrument tracks. Which controllers are used for Hypersonic volume.

Maybe a screen shot of the midi, audi, instrument tracks before and after start/stop.

As I said, I have already checked the tracks carefully for stray controller events. I am using the standard track vol slider in the track properties pane to control volume; which maps to the MIDI part sliders visible in Hypersonic in the screen shots above. But even if there was some events on the tracks for volume, since the track is playing in a loop, I would of expected them to be replayed on every loop, which it is not.

I'll take some more screen shots tomorrow as its getting late here.

Its also interesting that MIDI part 2 is not being used, but its volume is set at the start, and left there (I have no midi directed towards it). I thought it may be the last state being saved as part of the project, but I have tried saving it at the lower values, but no change, it still opens up loud.

PS: I didnt do the patch names...