Heavyocity Damage 2 out now!

TheSteven

Heavyocity Damage 2 out now - intro price $299.00 399.00 Damage Owners get an additional $100 off
https://heavyocity.com/product/damage-2/
Not (yet) seeing among resellers.

Specs

• 60 GB uncompressed (24.58 GB on Disk with NI lossless compression)
  • Available as direct download only
  • Stand-alone, VST, AU, AAX
  • 41,395 Samples
  • 1,596 Sources
  • 208 Snapshot Presets

3 NKIs
Ensemble Designer

• Intuitive Browser to load in 700+ sources in octave banks and individual sounds
  • Instant 3D positioning with updated Stage
  • Five discrete mic positions (Close, Room, Hall, LFE, and analog CRUSH)
  • Quickly create patterns, rolls, crescendos, and more with custom MIDI PERFORMANCE tool
  • Redesigned Punish knob with three unique flavors (Gently Now, Hurt Me Plenty, Nightmare)
  • Customizable Master FX chain

Kit Designer

• 16-voice Drum Kit layout for quick and easy groove creation
  • 50+ Custom-designed Kits
  • Intuitive browser to load in sound sources to each key
  • Independent FX chains for every voice – add compression, reverb, saturation, and more to each of the 16 voices

Loop Designer

• 864 Loops (216 loops with 4 stems each)
  • 432 Straight (108 with 4 stems)
  • 432 Triplet (108 with 4 stems)
  • Add modulation and effects to individual loops via Unique Send FX layer

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2

• TheSteven changed the title to Heavyocity Damage 2 out now!
1 hour ago, Sander Verstraten said:

With all the great NKS stuff NI has been releasing with their partners. Komplete 13 might be a day one upgrade for me.

Same here, but I’ll wait until their summer sale next year to upgrade. 

5 hours ago, simon said:

wonder if this will turn up in Komplete 13 ?

Here is a quote from Heavyocity from the VI-Control :

Damage 2 will NOT be in Komplete 13 and there are no plans to include it in any future versions of Komplete (or KU, etc.). Hope that helps! Thanks everyone who already picked up D2! Enjoy it!

It seems the original Damage was created with a partner agreement with Native Instruments but Damage 2 is all Heavyocity. There is an additional $100 discount on Damage 2 if you already own Damage 1.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Simeon Amburgey said:

Here is a quote from Heavyocity from the VI-Control :

It seems the original Damage was created with a partner agreement with Native Instruments but Damage 2 is all Heavyocity. There is an additional $100 discount on Damage 2 if you already own Damage 1.

in that case I'll pass - upgrade is far to expensive IMO

Technically this isn't an upgrade.  It's a sequel.  With a discount for previous owners.  The real question: is any percussion library worth $400?  The vendors seem to think so, but discounting 50% is pretty much standard.  To be honest I think they are running about twice what  this is worth, should be $200 full price, $150 intro, $100 for Damage 1 owners.  Still it does sound and looks very nice.  I'd pick it up on a better deal, but that might be a few years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Technically this isn't an upgrade.  It's a sequel.  With a discount for previous owners.  The real question: is any percussion library worth $400?  The vendors seem to think so, but discounting 50% is pretty much standard.  To be honest I think they are running about twice what  this is worth, should be $200 full price, $150 intro, $100 for Damage 1 owners.  Still it does sound and looks very nice.  I'd pick it up on a better deal, but that might be a few years.

I have an impression they see their market in different place than homerecording. Probably they are trying to reach cinema music producers. So they setup  their prices differently.

Probably from  economic point of view their loss...  But well... maybe there will be available a great deal for Damage I on BF.  Still excellent package...

Owners of D1 must be pretty disappointed though...

2 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

For people having regular income of their cinematic syncrô , of course , but for others ...not sure , i like to spice production here and there with thise and what we already have in most komplete + other stuff is more than enougth ..

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zo said:

i like to spice production here and there with thise and what we already have in most komplete + other stuff is more than enougth ..

same here - if you look at the 'making of' video it does look like they spent quite a lot of money recording it...but too expensive for what will basically get very little use from me.