***NOT A DEAL 'JRR Shop news' NOT A DEAL***

ensconced

It's official, the site was killed by the Studio One 5 release

Sure, I understand your concern. It is safe. There was actually never a security concern, the site crashed because of being overloaded by all the traffic from the Studio One release. We are still restoring old orders to customers' accounts and there's an issue with the search that I can't figure out, I believe everything else is functioning exactly the same now as before the crash.

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7848479#p7848479

Yes, you are completely correct in being concerned and I have not properly addressed this. There was no security breach and the site was not hacked. It appears that an extension we were using stopped functioning in June and that our site was basically hanging on by a thread. Then on July 7, when our site was being bombarded by people looking for Studio One 5, it was too much traffic and the database crashed.

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7835356#p7835356

and . . . New Site coming

We're fixing it now. It should be fixed by the end of the day. I apologize for the inconvenience. We will launch the new site in about a week.

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=7838440#p7838440

• Like 6
  • Thanks 7

To be honest very strange explanation from JRR... I would like to avoid to name it suspicious...  😕

It is not true all is restored, I still cannot login by my email I changed few months ago in JRR... And also I did successful buys on 2 and 4 July which required they manual action with providing serials...

How those all things described by them could case such unrecoverable crash in such form?  Recovering over month... Hmm...

Well, anyway it is good news they are at last to be moving to new site. We just need JRR working fine at any time :)  And secure...

Maybe this year at BF they will be not killed as usual on big and popular deals days...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Piotr said:

It is not true all is restored, I still cannot login by my email I changed few months ago in JRR... And also I did successful buys on 2 and 4 July which required they manual action with providing serials...

I could not log in after they came back up so I sent a message to support and they fixed it eventually . . .  I can now log into my account, but my order data is still missing.  They said they were in the process of restore orders . . . .

Just checked:

"There has been an error processing your request

SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'jrrshop_mage_LS.orders' doesn't exist, query was: SELE . . .  "

Still not there (orders).  It has been  a week since they emailed me . . .   So who knows when . . .

Syphus

I'm still getting SQL errors when I try to look at my order history so things aren't back to how it was...which is what Eric is saying in that thread..

TBH I shouldn't need to search out a thread on KVR to find out - his communication has been terrible

• Like 3

Well, his (Uncle E) explanation doesn't really jive with what I am seeing on the website right now. So I still stand by my explanation that I made in another thread (that I can't find). The gist of that explanation was that someone who doesn't know what they are doing is running the website. And I am still not sure about it. So I will stay away.  

• Like 3

12 hours ago, simon said:

I'm still getting SQL errors when I try to look at my order history so things aren't back to how it was...which is what Eric is saying in that thread..

TBH I shouldn't need to search out a thread on KVR to find out - his communication has been terrible

Maybe they were unable to access their customer email database too? I certainly haven't had anything from them for weeks now, which is unusual.

8 minutes ago, paulo said:

Maybe they were unable to access their customer email database too? I certainly haven't had anything from them for weeks now, which is unusual.

just put an announcement on the homepage ?  

Plus they must have had some emails as people's accounts still seem to be working (I had to reset the password on mine - but the email was valid)

Just now, simon said:

just put an announcement on the homepage ?  

Plus they must have had some emails as people's accounts still seem to be working (I had to reset the password on mine - but the email was valid)

I have no idea how these things work, but I couldn't even get to any page for quite a long time.  Maybe they relied too much on FB to spread the word.I would never have known anything if it weren't for this forum.

• Like 1

I like JRR. Good place and I have never had any trouble with them. 

Except I have seen web service troubles on an on going basis. I can understand once, maybe twice. But this getting rather frequent. And it takes what seems forever to get it back right. And as much as I want to spend with Uncle E, I am hesitant because of this stuff.

I hope he gets it straight.  

Edited by Grem

I made a call to them awhile back to settle some issues with an order I had placed. I had the rather distinct impression they were a brick and mortar doing this on the side.

Am I correct? 

I managed a cloud server for awhile. It's amazing how many security threats a small time operation has on a daily basis. If it had been a building there would have been arsonists there daily trying to burn the building down.  I can imagine a larger operation that has people's credit information would be 100 times worse. I don't think many people realize the threats on the web that are there.  Older servers and systems are likely targets more so than those using the latest encryption programs. Older systems obviously have more issues. IOW you are asking for trouble if you don't keep things updated. Even though they have said there was no security breach I would STILL change my info just in case.

There's plenty of competition out there for music plugins and software. I like JRR, but I don't necessarily have any tight connections with them in any way....When I buy I buy where the deals are.  I hope they can get their ducks in a row soon.

• Like 2