Horton Hears The Who

Notes_Norton

I guess I wasn't meant to see the Who live...

When I had chances during their hey-day, something was always conflicting with the concert date.  Then, in 2002, I hear they're coming in the early summer to the Irvine Meadows Amphitheater; and I was living in Irvine at the time (Orange County, California), so I bought tickets.  Then, while we're getting things ready for the concert (to be held the next day), I hear John Entwistle had just unexpectedly passed away...  Yeah, I got my money back, but so what?  😢

33 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

Eh? What? Let me turn them back up. OK. Say that again.

You oldie's always complaining the youth of the world are not listening. Now you want me to repeat it. Nope, not going to happen. 🤨
Mainly because I don't remember myself 🤣

• Like 1

18 hours ago, craigb said:

I guess I wasn't meant to see the Who live...<...snip...>  😢

For me it's occupational hazard. When the big acts come to town, I'm usually gigging.

If I'm not gigging, I can't afford it 😪

Back in the late 60s and early 70s it was different. I was in a band that was the opening act for many of the major headliners. I got to hear "our closing acts" when we were done. We were supposed to get a record contract, but Motown didn't want to pay enough to live on. Actually it was enough for us, but not enough left over for our manager and his lawyers. 

Life goes on and making a living as a gigging musician still beats any legitimate day job I can think of. 😁

Insights and incites by Notes

Thanks.

Making a living doing what you would do for free means you never have to work a day in your life. And while there is plenty of time spent at it, practicing, hauling gear, booking gigs, it really doesn't seem work. It's what I do. Or rather, it's what I am.

• Like 2