AAS Player volume control

holden HK

Hi,

This is my first post here.

I have the following problem: I load a midi file and replace instruments with plugin ones. Everything works fine except the volume of instruments from AAS Player (Swatches); namely, they can't be heard without increasing the volume manually from within AAS Player and this can be done ONLY AFTER the song starts and is running. Before starting the song, the volume knob (the ONLY control available in AAS Player) is set to middle, but whenever I do start the song I can't hear the AAS instruments because, as it turns out, the volume gets set to zero. It happens with all AAS instruments (played with AAS Player), and it doesn't matter if I start the song from the very beginning or resume after pausing in the middle. I saw some posts about volume problems, but the solutions presented either don't work (e.g. disabling the "'Zero Controllers When Play Stops") or don't exist (changing CC options - AAS player doesn't have any options besides the volume knob, so there's nothing related to CC that can be dis- or enabled). Any ideas?

29 minutes ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Check the volume automation on the track. The zeroing could be happening there.

1949682816_2020-08-0216_32_42-Window.jpg.c4b37b165561bae4185f5ace861d88d6.jpg

Thanks! The answer was the volume automation in the instrument track. Choosing 'Volume' from AAS Player section of the drop-down menu did the job.

volume.png.aa7c9136b55b3e39d0839edabd4c8988.png

Unless volume automation is desired, there is no need to add the envelope.

One thing to keep in mind about automation - the act of opening automation lanes when a track has no automation automatically creates a volume envelope. This can cause problems if no automation is desired. To remove unwanted automation envelopes, right-click on the envelope and select "Delete Envelope." Simply deleting the automation lane does not delete the automation envelope.

• Great Idea 1