IK Syntronik 75% off

cclarry

25 minutes ago, mibby said:

That's a pretty expansive looking bundle of synths.   It looks like I can get it down to $36 bucks with Jam Points.  Is this product any good?

I think it's great. Particularly the multis.   I think the synths sound great.  

Unlike the Arturia V collection, which lets you combine two synths, Syntronik lets you layer 4. 

It also has a lot of effects derived from T-RackS and Amplitude

Plus, IK has updated this a lot and offered free samples and patches.  

The Deluxe version is not really worth it IMHO.  It only adds a few synths, and one of them Memory V, has just been offered for free.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mibby said:

That's a pretty expansive looking bundle of synths.   It looks like I can get it down to $36 bucks with Jam Points.  Is this product any good?

Jam points can be used for sale prices, but as always they can only be used for 30% of your cart, or in this case $20 off making it $49.

I got this at the pre-order price when it first came out and I like it. You can also use it in the SampleTank 3 and 4 instrument.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, cclarry said:

The BEST way is to use Jampoints to buy credits...which works
out being cheaper... 

Of course you would know!   Now I'll have to study up and try to figure out the whole Credit/Jam Point thing now... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Jam points can be used for sale prices, but as always they can only be used for 30% of your cart, or in this case $20 off making it $49.

I got this at the pre-order price when it first came out and I like it. You can also use it in the SampleTank 3 and 4 instrument.

I remember that from the Group Buy last year.  But the website actually let me apply all of my Jam Points to the cart. I didn't check out, but IIRC, it squawked when I tried that during the Goup Buy....  I've been wrong before.  🤔

33 minutes ago, mibby said:

I remember that from the Group Buy last year.  But the website actually let me apply all of my Jam Points to the cart. I didn't check out, but IIRC, it squawked when I tried that during the Goup Buy....  I've been wrong before.  🤔

I hear ya! But I tried to check out with ST4 using more than 30% JamPoints and it wouldn't let me check out after applying them all. Had to dial it back to complete the purchase.

8 hours ago, cclarry said:

The BEST way is to use Jampoints to buy credits...which works
out being cheaper...

Thanks Larry for the heads up on this. I have 60 credits now, so only need to purchase a few more credits using my jampoints. My out of pocket will be about $18 to pick this up with a few credits left over. Probably will only install a few of the instruments since I don't want to eat up the full 50 gb of space.

9 hours ago, cclarry said:

the downside of using Credits is the product can no longer
be resold.  Only products purchased for cash can be resold.
Another IK "flub"

I thought their credit system was convoluted, only to find out it's worse than I thought...

• Like 1

Actually I have to ask  WHY would you buy SYNTRONIK if you have the free version?

It seems the only difference between free and full are the presets?

From what I can see you get all the synths with the free version plus all the EFX, Arpegiator and so on AND you can just save your own presets for each of the instruments?

So .. WHY Buy :D

Is it that the full version includes far more samples to tweak and play with so to speak, than the free version?

Edited by aidan o driscoll

13 hours ago, bsantini99 said:

Thanks Larry for the heads up on this. I have 60 credits now, so only need to purchase a few more credits using my jampoints. My out of pocket will be about $18 to pick this up with a few credits left over. Probably will only install a few of the instruments since I don't want to eat up the full 50 gb of space.

You can't combine cash and credits.

3 hours ago, aidan o driscoll said:

Is it that the full version includes far more samples to tweak and play with so to speak, than the free version?

Yes. Much more!

Each preset in the full version is typically made with a different set of samples. So you get more sounds.

Each separate instrument library in Syntronik has anywhere from 1GB to 8GB of samples for the included 2000 presets, so totals at 50+ GB.

6 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

You can't combine cash and credits.

Thought I was clear. I had 60 custom shop credits. Just bought 25 more credits ($18 + 7 jampoints), so have a total of 85 credits after this. Bought Syntronik for 70 credits with 15 left over now for something else. Everything worked fine, no hiccups.

Edited by bsantini99
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, bsantini99 said:

Thought I was clear. I had 60 custom shop credits. Just bought 25 more credits ($18 + 7 jampoints), so have a total of 85 credits after this. Bought Syntronik for 70 credits with 15 left over now for something else. Everything worked fine, no hiccups.

This is what I was referring to.  If you already have a few credits, it's

cheaper to buy enough credits, using Jampoints, and use the credits to buy Syntronik.

• Like 1