Newbie here

CJ Thorn

Hi everyone, hoping to get help recording two instruments (mic and guitar) at once.

I have a Profx6v3, and the only channels available for recording are left/right/stereo. If I create a track and plug a guitar in Input 1, and select input as Left, it still comes through as recording on track 2. Even when Track 2 is selected as Right and I have a Mic plugged into Input 2.

I'm doing something stupid and I have no idea what.

Thanks

Chris

2 hours ago, CJ Thorn said:

Hi everyone, hoping to get help recording two instruments (mic and guitar) at once.

I have a Profx6v3, and the only channels available for recording are left/right/stereo. If I create a track and plug a guitar in Input 1, and select input as Left, it still comes through as recording on track 2. Even when Track 2 is selected as Right and I have a Mic plugged into Input 2.

I'm doing something stupid and I have no idea what.

Thanks

Chris

welcome to the forum CJ,from what you describle all your setting seems good,does track 2(right-input)record on track-1 ??

Yep, I have a SG direct plugged into  the Hi-Z #1 Top left of picture. input 1 is mapped to Left. 

Then a mic into Input 2.

Cakewalk only recognises the studio pair 1/2/stereo., no other inputs.

And If I set track 1 to Left, then track 2 to right, when I play guitar it records on the Track 2, which is mapped to input 2 and ALSO on track 1.

The Mic doesnt record on track 1, no

Edit: Thanks for replying! :)

ProFX.PNG

Edited by CJ Thorn
Thanking the chap

Are you going into an interface from your mixer , or going directly into the pc with a usb cable? I don't see any pan knobs on the mixer for the different channels , so I'm assuming the "blend" knob on you mixer is mixing the 2 inputs. An interface is normally a "must Have" for any serious recording .      mark

He doesn't really need a separate interface, as the Mackie is also an audio interface over USB. The lack of pan knobs is troubling, but it appears they've dealt with that in a more compact way, with a single switch that separates channels 1 and 2 into L and R. I'm just guessing, but it looks like that button labeled "Stereo Pan" needs to be depressed.

I believe this is the limitation of the mackie. you must have stereo outputs 1+2 together and routed directly to 1 stereo track.

I have a Mackie Pro FX 12 I used to use for drum monitoring and it has the same USB option (stereo output L/R only) through USB.