Free NI Komplete Start is Now Available

Reid Rosefelt

3 hours ago, Michael A.D. said:

Can you choose which items you want to install?    (I want to avoid the Kontakt 6 player.)

Unfortunately Kontakt 5 player is unable to play some of those freebees and ver 6 is required.

Just discovered that the Komplete Kontrol library works with the new Waves Flow Motion synth.

Nice to have a decent preset browser for Flow Motion, with tags for sound type and/or character in Komplete Kontrol vs. the tiny pull-down menus in the Waves UI. If you select just the single instrument in the KK library, only presets for that one will show up in the list.

Since it also works with Waves Element 2.0, I assume that any Waves synth may be compatible.

Edited by abacab

32 minutes ago, abacab said:

Just discovered that the Komplete Kontrol library works with the new Waves Flow Motion synth.

Nice to have a decent preset browser for Flow Motion, with tags for sound type and/or character in Komplete Kontrol vs. the tiny pull-down menus in the Waves UI. If you select just the single instrument in the KK library, only presets for that one will show up in the list.

Since it also works with Waves Element 2.0, I assume that any Waves synth may be compatible.

Not only Waves. Almost everything compatible with NKS like AAS, Arturia, Sonokinetic and more :)

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/komplete/this-is-nks/nks-products/

51 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Not only Waves. Almost everything compatible with NKS like AAS, Arturia, Sonokinetic and more :)

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/specials/komplete/this-is-nks/nks-products/

Right, but I've never  been a NKS user.  No paid NI stuff at all, so I just stumbled on this "feature" with the free Komplete Start! The browser in the Waves UI sucks, so this was a huge "improvement" for free!

• 3 months later...

Is any of this Kontakt Komplete Start (programs, synths, sampler, etc.) supposed to show up in CbB?

I just installed it, and when I opened CbB and did a manual scan, I don't see any of the components in CbB.

I always use default settings for location installs and have never had issues.  Is this one different?

EDIT:  SOLVED: I discovered that I needed to add another path to the VST scan.

Edited by Toddskins

15 hours ago, MUDGEL said:

After buying upgrade to K12UCE, I got an email saying to launch Native Access to get a bunch of freebie downloads.

The freebies are for us po folks that don't own  Komplete yet. NI is trying to lure us into the money pit!

It's a nice little starter setup that includes the already available free Player versions, but adds a few new instruments and the Komplete Kontrol.

I have to say that KK is really nice for 3rd party plugins that have old pull down preset menus, as they are augmented by the KK search menu!

Edited by abacab

On 3/6/2019 at 8:55 AM, Michael A.D. said:

Can you choose which items you want to install?    (I want to avoid the Kontakt 6 player.)

What specifically are the problems with Kontakt 6?

If you install full Kontakt 6 it leaves Kontakt 5.  That's the default.  If you want to get rid of full Kontakt 5, you will actively have to work to uninstall it. 

Full Kontakt 5 continues to be a separate instrument in Native Access.  I just moved to a new computer and started from scratch.  I downloaded Kontakt 5 and Kontakt (6).  

I don't see why you can't keep using Kontakt 5 forever.  It will always work on all the instruments that don't need Kontakt (6)

If you have full Kontakt 5, basically you are missing out on a lot of very cool instruments for no reason at all.  Just run them in Kontakt(6) and everything else you own in Kontakt 5. 

If installing Kontakt 6 Player made a single Kontakt 5 Player library not work, there would justifiably be quite a howling on the internet.  Because everybody would lose their investments in the old libraries.  It's been out since September and I haven't heard about any problems like this, and I am on forums every day like VI:Control.   Is there something I've missed? 

Kontakt 6 Player and Kontakt 5 (player or full) co-exist just fine.  I installed this Komplete Start back when I had Kontakt 5 full but only the player Kontakt 6 with no problems at all.  Now that I've upgraded to full Kontakt 6, my Kontakt 5 still works just fine but won't load/use Kontakt 6 libraries or anything I re-save in Kontakt 6.  This is a nice set of free stuff any full Kontakt 5 full user would be foolish to skip.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tiger The Frog said:

What specifically are the problems with Kontakt 6?

I had read about problems on the NI forum that the 6 PLAYER was causing issues with K5 FULL.   That's why I decided to wait till the NI sale and have now got K6 and K5 on my system and can report absolutely no problems.   

I use Reaper and it's a simple matter of using a text editor to change any previous projects that had been using the various versions of K5 (varying # of outputs) to using K6.   

33 minutes ago, PAL Music said:

Does this version allow you to use 3rd party instruments that have required full version Kontakt or is it still just Player formated?

Komplete Start is just the Players bundled together, with some extras. The same rules apply to instruments that require the full edition of Kontakt.

Fyi, unrelated to the question, but perhaps still useful: Komplete Kontrol is included in the bundle, and it will support  most any 3rd party VSTi/VST plugins (with the exception of the previously mentioned Kontakt instruments) AND it supports 3rd party controllers.

• Like 1