Free NI Komplete Start is Now Available

Reid Rosefelt

6 synths and 9 instruments and 2 effects

Some of these things aren't new freebies.

A lot of them probably were in the free Kontakt Player and  Reaktor libraries.  Guitar Rig Player is one of the included effects.

Still, the LE versions of Analog Dreams, Ethereal Earth, and Hybrid Keys, plus Kinetic Treats are new freebies 

You also get Supercharger

Get it HERE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Note: Just be aware that installing this with Komplete Kontrol will add a couple of new NI startup tasks to your Windows auto run list, and also adds a couple of new NI services to Windows with "automatic" start status.

I think they are put there to support NI hardware. So I disabled all of them.

2 hours ago, abacab said:

Note: Just be aware that installing this with Komplete Kontrol will add a couple of new NI startup tasks to your Windows auto run list, and also adds a couple of new NI services to Windows with "automatic" start status.

Rumor has it Kontrol will eventually work with all controllers.

3 hours ago, abacab said:

Thanks for this heads up. I went ahead and did the update, even though I don’t have any NI hardware. Didn’t even think about it adding more automatic startup services!

i will go through and disable them as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

I mentioned this in another thread regarding SuperCharger - I'm really excited about this one!  Like MJUC excited (almost). It seems to have a LOT of potential as a good "character" compressor and I think will sound great on parallel drums or a snare - just for starters.  Check it out.  Thanks NI!

Edited by mibby

On 2/23/2019 at 5:32 PM, kitekrazy said:

Rumor has it Kontrol will eventually work with all controllers.

Yes it does right now.  There is a new MIDI tab at the top in the latest version of Komplete Kontrol that lets you set it up.  

I have a NI Keyboard but I was curious.  I used a Nanokontrol and was able to set it up to control the 8 knobs and change patches.  Not everything I can do with my NI controller, but a lot of new things. 

I had some issues changing instruments, but other people haven't.  It works fine for me if I load it up with a different instance for each instrument.  

Auditioning patches in KK is still better with the arrow keys on a computer keyboard.  And or course, you have never needed a NI controller to make use of the arps and scales in KK.  

I've just downloaded it - as mentioned earlier much of the stuff is in Kontakt Player and other freebies from NI but the good news is it doesn't install them again!

The bad news is that when doing it's initial VST scan it locks up on Amplitube 4 so I've uninstalled that (I think there was an issue with my install anyway) and doesn't seem to want to load SampleTank3 or Miroslav2 😞

Not sure what it does with the VSTs yet - does it read their presets too?  Still waiting for it to get through the scan!