We All Live in the Same House (with Video)

freddy j

I have seen a number of excellent tributes, on this forum, to individuals that have recently passed on.  This is my tribute to a person that I admire  -- U. S. House of Representative John Lewis.  From all accounts he was a very kind, compassionate, moral, and dedicated man.  The story (in this song) of the relationship between Elwin Wilson and Rep. Lewis is a powerful one that took courage from both men and demonstrated the behaviour that most religions encourage.   I posted the song on this forum a few years ago (it is somewhere down the list on my SoundClick site) and this version has the video attached.

I hope that you enjoy it.

Thanks

We All Live in the Same House

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWzFouJgsig

• Like 4

It can't be said loud enough, it can't be said often enough:

Get out there and cause Good Trouble!

I'm sure John is smiling down on you Freddy.

So well done on all levels!

t

59 minutes ago, Old Joad said:

across the bridge one last time✌️

yes indeed, we have lost another great one...

Thanks Tom!  He was a man admired by many for his morality, kindness, and compassion.  The Elwin Wilson story was one that stuck with me for a long time.  Both brave men for choosing to do the correct action.

Hi Joad.  Thanks for listening and your comments.  One last time indeed.  The last time sure was different from the first time.

Thank you tom.  I appreciate your comments.  We have indeed lost a great one!

Hi Bjorn.  Thanks very much for your kind comments.  I wish this story had gotten out more.  Being raised as a Christian the behaviour of these two men to me personifies the teachings found in the New Testament (kindness, caring, compassion and love).

Hi Doug.  It is hard to get consensus in Congress but when both parties have complements for this man --- well, he must have been doing something right.  Thanks very much for listening and you kind comments.

My apologies for the late response.  This song slid down the list rather fast and I lost track of it.

Thanks Wookiee!  I appreciate the kind comments and yes indeed, I have always found that cooperation works a lot better than competition.  Right now we need all the cooperation that we can get.

Hi Leadfoot.  Thank you very much for taking the time to listen and for your very kind comments.

Hey Nigel.  Thanks very much for your very kind comments.  BTW, I really love your latest post.  It is absoflippinlutely excellent!

Hi Lynn.  Thank you my friend.  He was indeed a man to be reckoned with and yet admired.  Thanks again for your kind comments.

Hi Daryl.  The guitar solo was brief but I had a great time playing guitar on this one.  I very much appreciate the kind words.