SampleTank 4 is Out

ZincT

2 hours ago, fret_man said:

ST4 has not yet showed up in my product area. The order still says "processing" (since Dec).

Did you order shipment on the USB stick? Your downloads will not show up until you receive the physical stick and register it.

On 2/23/2019 at 11:23 AM, GroverKen said:

I went for the Max version and had my usual IK issues with corrupt downloads. Now I’ve got everything downloaded, I find that I have an extra file which no longer appears in my download list - namely "SampleTank_4_MAX_Instruments_Installer_Part2.zip". It has completely different contents from Part 1.
Anybody else got  this file and should I go ahead and install it?

I believe I answered elsewhere but this file was redundant and thus removed.  Sorry if there was confusion but you are not missing anything without that file as it is not necessary.  All downloads are good to go including two replaced files that were found corrupt for some.  Thanks!

21 minutes ago, Jim Roseberry said:

Those who have installed ST4, how are you liking the sounds?

Still downloading ...

But from what I have listened to so far, the quality of the new ST4 sounds is outstanding, but you will only get them all with the ST4 Max version.

I ordered the ST4 standard version, which leverages the ST3 library  for much of the existing sound content (ST3 content is also included in ST4 for those that do not already have it). See the comparison list for the difference in sound sets.  There is a decent amount of new content, but not all of it is new.

For example none of the  new strings or percussion are included in ST4 standard, and for the brass and woodwinds the only new instruments are trumpet, trombone, tenor sax, and baritone sax. You will need to use the ST3 sound content to cover the gaps. IK has included support for ST3 instruments directly in the new program, so there's no need to import those ST3 libraries. You can search by folder as before, or you can search across the entire database.

But you do get a new electric Les Paul (sorry the Strat is only in the Max), some nice acoustic and electric pianos, some new basses,  plenty of organs, a couple of drum kits, voices, ethnic sounds, etc.

Not bad, but for $50 more you can have it all! :D

1 hour ago, Fleer said:

I wonder if the strings in ST4 Max come from Miroslav 2. 

My ST3 strings seem to have come from Miroslav, but here is what IK says about the new samples in ST4:

SampleTank 4’s new library is the product of dozens of carefully conducted recording sessions in multiple cities across Europe and the United States as well as in our new, custom-built recording facility in Modena, Italy.

This new library offers up to 200 GB of brand new content including exclusive high-quality recordings of concert piano, keyboards, guitars, bass, drums, strings, brass, synths, vocals, percussion and more; over 90,000 new samples in total, all with articulations and round-robins. Thanks to SampleTank 4’s new efficient disk-streaming engine, these sounds all load faster than ever and perform like never before.

Edited by abacab