SampleTank 4 is out

ZincT

29 minutes ago, abacab said:

Same here. But think I will wait a bit to start the downloading. Some comments over at KVR seem to indicate early  issues with a few downloads.

Yes I have been following that thread on KVR (and contributing myself). So far so good with the download and the speed keeping up OK at the moment.

Got about 40Gb so far..

I have an unanswered question about the download part numbering, for example, the download list shows ST4 Acoustic Drum Kit Sample Part 1 and then Part 4. I would like to know whether that is because you only get parts 2 and 3 with the MAX version or is there something missing from my downloads?

19 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Yes I have been following that thread on KVR (and contributing myself). So far so good with the download and the speed keeping up OK at the moment.

Got about 40Gb so far..

I have an unanswered question about the download part numbering, for example, the download list shows ST4 Acoustic Drum Kit Sample Part 1 and then Part 4. I would like to know whether that is because you only get parts 2 and 3 with the MAX version or is there something missing from my downloads?

Good to know about the download speed!

But that question about missing files is the reason I am holding off. It appears that the official release date was rushed, and there may be some inevitable growing pains as a result. I think I'd rather just heave to and wait for this storm to blow over!

For example, what if they pushed the wrong download files in some cases, and they may have to replace or correct some of them? The download and install is a long tedious process that I would rather not repeat.

I'll probably just download the ST4 app and have a play with my existing libraries, to satisfy my curiosity for now. :D

1 hour ago, abacab said:

Good to know about the download speed!

But that question about missing files is the reason I am holding off. It appears that the official release date was rushed, and there may be some inevitable growing pains as a result. I think I'd rather just heave to and wait for this storm to blow over!

For example, what if they pushed the wrong download files in some cases, and they may have to replace or correct some of them? The download and install is a long tedious process that I would rather not repeat.

I'll probably just download the ST4 app and have a play with my existing libraries, to satisfy my curiosity for now. :D

Peter has now confirmed that non-sequential part numbering is correct if you don't have the MAX version. 👍

I am trying to resist trying out the new interface until I have all the instruments. 

I do think it's a shame that they didn't have a less manual method for downloading and installing.

Edited by ZincT
typo

Yep, not good at all!!!😮

In Reaper it's much better but still crashing often!

I just tried to load Parlor Acoustic Pick Full Keyswitch and Reaper said pooh and

disappeared !

But still in task manager with 3.6 gb meory allocation !

Sampletank 4 seems to be crashfest😤

2 hours ago, gigasonar said:

Yep, not good at all!!!😮

In Reaper it's much better but still crashing often!

I just tried to load Parlor Acoustic Pick Full Keyswitch and Reaper said pooh and

disappeared !

But still in task manager with 3.6 gb meory allocation !

Sampletank 4 seems to be crashfest😤

What are your system specs?

18 hours ago, gigasonar said:

Instant Audio Dropout with Sampletank 4!!!😭

Everytime you try to load C7 Grand!!!

It won't work both CbB or Sonar Platinum😪

I can reproduce that audio dropout every time with the C7 Grand. If I restart the audio engine, I can play the instrument.

My system specs: Window 10 with the latest Cakewalk on SSD, Intel Core i3-3.4GHz, 8GB RAM, SampleTank Max 4 on 7200 rpm internal SATA HDD.

Have you opened a support ticket with IK support yet?

Edited by abacab

25 minutes ago, abacab said:

I can reproduce that audio dropout every time with the C7 Grand. If I restart the audio engine, I can play the instrument.

My system specs: Window 10 with the latest Cakewalk on SSD, Intel Core i3-3.4GHz, 8GB RAM, SampleTank Max 4 on 7200 rpm internal SATA HDD.

Have you opened a support ticket with IK support yet?

Not support ticket yet!

I should open it !

How you restart audio engine in CbB or Sonar?

Can you load these big guitars, Parlor and Black LP without problems ?