Audio Deluxe Exclusive - Excalibur for $9.99

cclarry

2 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

And only one single authorization at that.

I've decided that I personally don't want to go the iLok route (at least so far), and whenever I say this, people usually mention that one of the best things about it is that you just plug in the dongle wherever you go and you're authorised. I mean this as a genuine question: why is a single authorisation a problem if it's on a dongle (presumably along with iLok licenses for a multitude of other plugins) that gets plugged into whichever computer you're using?

2 minutes ago, antler said:

I've decided that I personally don't want to go the iLok route (at least so far), and whenever I say this, people usually mention that one of the best things about it is that you just plug in the dongle wherever you go and you're authorised. I mean this as a genuine question: why is a single authorisation a problem if it's on a dongle (presumably along with iLok licenses for a multitude of other plugins) that gets plugged into whichever computer you're using?

Most come with 2 seats.  

Thus you authorize one to a dongle, then the other can be authorized to your main computer.

Or the other way around.  Main computer gets the dongle and and you move the "other seat around" as needed.

With 2 seats if your computer crashes or the dongle breaks/goes bad you will be without your software until the manufacture decides to help you out and give you a re-authorization.  This can be days or longer.  If you have two seats, you at least have the option to move one around to the machine you are working on, as it is unlikely for someone to have 2 flat out failures at the same time.

USB ports can be scarce especially on a mobile rig.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

Any have and use it? 

I have it and do    use it....it's pretty good   and you can everything from  mild to extreme. You can get some interesting sounds out of the 4 channel signal chain.  I recently   just put it on a few guitar tracks and  got some very good results (a one stop multi Fx plugin).  Definitely  worth  more than the $10 asking price. I only have one machine, so not  really worried about the iLok thing. 

• Like 2

On 8/1/2020 at 9:09 AM, Christian Jones said:

Any have and use it? 

Paid a lot more for it.  Sounds great.  HOWEVERrrrrrrrr........

The GUI makes me feel like a dipspit every time I dig into it, so I end up relaying a lot of presets to get close starting points.  It's much more like tweaking the inside of an H3000 than a simple guitar pedal.  That said, it can make crazy sounds you can't get out of a simple guitar pedal.  There are basically 4 very configurable mono voices.  Each voice can take a stereo input, but it will be summed to mono.  On stereo tracks, it will output stereo (with 2 voices required).  It goes on and on like this to the point where you load a flanger type preset and just wish there was a "feedback",  a "rate", and a  "depth".  Even when I think I have a perfect grasp of what I want to do and how to do it in the plug in, when I attempt something - it often sounds different than expected.  And sometimes everything sounds correct in terms of effect or timing, but it's thin for some reason, so you double back and check the Feedback Eqs across the voices, or some "FbkEqModAmt" Modular Ivert Setting, and wonder why you didn't goto medical school.  And I should note that the settings for each voice are within their own tabs, so you have to click through to see the settings for each.  

As challenging as it is, I think for $10- no brainer.  

I like using the "Vintage Combo Amp" on breakdowns in songs.  "Vibro-Phase Echo" is a pretty tripped out for space rock guitar parts.  "Micoshift & Chorustaps" is fun on acoustic guitar and vocals, but I tend to pan the voice 1 hard left, turn some tempo features on, and dial down the feedback, depending on source material.  

Demo it.  Jump off the roof.  Land in the pool.  Towel off.  Then buy it.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, e-cue said:

The GUI makes me feel like a dipspit every time I dig into it, so I end up relaying a lot of presets to get close starting points.  It's much more like tweaking the inside of an H3000 than a simple guitar pedal.  That said, it can make crazy sounds you can't get out of a simple guitar pedal.  There are basically 4 very configurable mono voices.  Each voice can take a stereo input, but it will be summed to mono.  On stereo tracks, it will output stereo (with 2 voices required).  It goes on and on like this to the point where you load a flanger type preset and just wish there was a "feedback",  a "rate", and a  "depth".  Even when I think I have a perfect grasp of what I want to do and how to do it in the plug in, when I attempt something - it often sounds different than expected.  And sometimes everything sounds correct in terms of effect or timing, but it's thin for some reason, so you double back and check the Feedback Eqs across the voices, or some "FbkEqModAmt" Modular Ivert Setting, and wonder why you didn't goto medical school.  And I should note that the settings for each voice are within their own tabs, so you have to click through to see the settings for each.  

As challenging as it is, I think for $10- no brainer.  

I like using the "Vintage Combo Amp" on breakdowns in songs.  "Vibro-Phase Echo" is a pretty tripped out for space rock guitar parts.  "Micoshift & Chorustaps" is fun on acoustic guitar and vocals, but I tend to pan the voice 1 hard left, turn some tempo features on, and dial down the feedback, depending on source material.  

Sounds like a gat dang nightmare tbh

3 hours ago, e-cue said:

snip

^^^ exactly how I feel about it and I paid a lot more for it too.

TLDR: buy 

Reminds me my sandman pro experience , super sounds.  Never use it .... sold it ,.. for 10 buks .... :(  i m in Christian boat here , i must differenciate the "sounds great "from the "usefull , usable and you gonna use it " ....

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1