MRH810 V2 LEAD SERIES GUITAR AMPLIFIER Intro

Jesse Bruce

3 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Bummer! Hopefully you don't have too many and you can easily recreate them in v2. Has the interface changed much from v1 to v2? I never had/tried v1.

I must say I am a little disappointed. They said V1 and V2 were not compatible, which is a bit odd. It’s not really a big deal for me to recreate them as I didn’t have that many presets. Let’s be honest - it’s only one amp. But if this happened to S Gear (and I know it won’t), then I have scores of presets in multiple folders, one folder for each of my guitars. I honestly think Nembrini need to be careful about this, as it might seriously annoy some folk. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Marshall said:

I must say I am a little disappointed. They said V1 and V2 were not compatible, which is a bit odd. It’s not really a big deal for me to recreate them as I didn’t have that many presets. Let’s be honest - it’s only one amp. But if this happened to S Gear (and I know it won’t), then I have scores of presets in multiple folders, one folder for each of my guitars. I honestly think Nembrini need to be careful about this, as it might seriously annoy some folk. 

you still have V1 installed and running though ? So you don't lose anything...or am I getting the wrong end of the stick ?

6 minutes ago, Zo said:

Is it only gui and features or also sounds better ?

quite happy with the old one ...

they claim it's a "complete redesign" although the design is definitely different it's not 'that' different.  Haven't had chance to play with it much to tell if it sound better but the $9.99 upgrade price was too good to pass up on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Toffo said:

私はそれを拾って$ 10を払いましたが、そうです、実際に何が変更されたかの詳細を見つけるのは難しいです。

Noise Gate section plus a Cleaner circuit to reduce rumbling and harsh is included.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think sound wise, there's anything noticeably better then version 1 to be honest. For me, one of the biggest additions I would like is a standalone version of these amp sims. It's something they're working on but no release date yet. 

• Like 1

I took the v2 for a spin and from memory it sounds pretty much like the old (I gave that away for the price of the transfer fee) perhaps a little better, but that maybe time playing tricks, it's been a while. I'm afraid I'd pass even If I could have got it at the $10 mark.

If they are making an all in one thingy, I hope they make new pedals for it, because the pedals they have now are absolute shit, comparing them to those of other companies, well there is no comparison, they are absolute shit.

I'm afraid I have tried out everything from Nembrini as it is released, and to date there isn't one thing I felt was worth keeping. Shame, because at the $29 price point on release it would be a good deal if the products done it for me, but as it is even at $29 I'll pass.

There is just so much better available.

IMO, YMMV etc etc of course.

Edited by ensconced
  • Like 1

What I do like in the Nembrini, and seem to plague many other amp sims, is no low end muddiness or brittle mids with distortion. That puts me off quickly with many amp sims. This one is very smooth, as I am sure others are, but I found one to my taste.

This one makes me feel like going in my studio, pick up a guitar and play non stop like never before. That's a very good quality for an amp sim as far as I am concerned.

• Like 3

My highly subjective take is that the world of amp sims has matured enough that we are looking, by now, for both quality AND character, to make us happy about a new amp sim. And in truth, I’m sort of on the fence about Nembrini in this regard, even though I have several of his plugins and I generally like them. That’s why I was writing earlier that I thought this should be a free upgrade. The quality is there, his plugins are transparent, responsive, cleans are solid, saturation is ok. I’m not quite sold on the character though. I was testing his plugins for a solo; preamp section only, clean/crunch, with custom IR’s, a nice compressor and spring reverb, etc. They all sound good. But I found that PA’s Chandler has a lot more character and just sounds better in the mix in this scenario. Even IK’s Orange will get your more interesting sounds, although it’s not superior in quality. And for creamy cleans, S-Gear’s Wayfarer still rules the roost.

Quality is the new standard; character should already be an explicit goal for new amp sims, IMHO. Maybe Nembrini should steal a few pages from Neural DSP’s book.

• Great Idea 2