MRH810 V2 LEAD SERIES GUITAR AMPLIFIER Intro

Jesse Bruce

This forum is such a waste of time... well, I mean you guys made me spend a whole morning playing with this thing to try it out, out of curiosity. Just could not stop, love it and could not find a preset I didn't like! I play rock, blues and clean stuff. A lot of amp sims are geared towards metal, this one is more up my alley. Tried with my Strat, Les Paul and Ibanez. All sounded good.

I have Amplitube and like it, but the interface is irritating sometimes. And not all presets are great. This one doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but simpler to use with scalable UI and since I am not looking for effect heavy sounds, it's all good, I can add some externally.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves! I could have spent the morning sorting my sock drawer instead! I don't know why I keep coming here... eh... yes I do... 😳

Sooo, after lunch I'll spend 29$US (which comes to roughly a zillion $CAN) on this beauty.

Edited by Jacques Boileau
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Marshall said:

Ooh...what’s that all about?

https://honestampsimreviews.com/2019/07/13/mercuriall-audio-pedals/ I discovered that pedal right before I saw him review it but I agree with everything he says about it. YMMV I guess but for me and my baritone strat it beats any number of tube screamer and other dist pedals I've put in front of that amp and I have all the good ones 

• Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, Marshall said:

I checked with Nembrini and it is not possible to copy your own presets across from Version 1 to Version 2. 

Bummer! Hopefully you don't have too many and you can easily recreate them in v2. Has the interface changed much from v1 to v2? I never had/tried v1.

23 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

This forum is such a waste of time... well, I mean you guys made me spend a whole morning playing with this thing to try it out, out of curiosity. Just could not stop, love it and could not find a preset I didn't like! I play rock, blues and clean stuff. A lot of amp sims are geared towards metal, this one is more up my alley. Tried with my Strat, Les Paul and Ibanez. All sounded good.

I have Amplitube and like it, but the interface is irritating sometimes. And not all presets are great. This one doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but simpler to use with scalable UI and since I am not looking for effect heavy sounds, it's all good, I can add some externally.

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves! I could have spent the morning sorting my sock drawer instead! I don't know why I keep coming here... eh... yes I do... 😳

Sooo, after lunch I'll spend 29$US (which comes to roughly a zillion $CAN) on this beauty.

Another good amp sim from Mercuriall is the SS-11X (IMO, very underrated). The clean tones are very pleasant/ responsive and the crunch/distortion are very nice as well (even at low volumes). It also came with some excellent IR's +  greed smasher, and I also use their free Chorus pedal.....very, very nice all together. I found the best tones are using the 8x oversampling setting.

Throw the Freqout pedal in front and this thing simply rocks!

Edited by Mesh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1