Aftermath of Colliding Neutron Stars (no longer WIP)

Xoo

• Xoo changed the title to Aftermath of Colliding Neutron Stars (no longer WIP)

That's really great to hear - it was all done on headphones (monitors currently mothballed for space reasons) so I was a bit worried about how the frequency balance would work.  And I was having to work with (not that I knew at the time) a failing PSU on my audio interface...maybe I should work more like that 🙂

I'm not a huge reverb person (there are some reverbs on individual instruments and quite a few delays too).  I have a super-extended mix to post later (it's a cunning one that fits in nicely with the idea of neutron stars colliding).

Black Hole Mix

Edited by Kevin Perry
  • Like 1

I am not a big fan of reverb either @Kevin Perry but I do use a global reverb on a buss which has an EQ before it that rolls off all the bass below about 150hZ at an externally sharp slope 48dB/Oct.

Using tiny little send amounts from each synth, most of which have their own reverb as part of the voice sound, to create  reverb glue that keeps them all in the same sound space.

This Black Hole mix sounds better it has more top end air compared with the Post WIP mix which to me sounded quite boxy.

27 minutes ago, Wookiee said:

This Black Hole mix sounds better it has more top end air compared with the Post WIP mix which to me sounded quite boxy.

Interesting as there were no mix changes!  The only differences were I exported as a 24 bit wav from CbB, loaded into SoundForge, reversed it and stuck it on the end (I said it was black hole like!) and exported from there - same bit rate too, so presumably (and I haven't listened closely) the export algorithm in SF is "better" than CbB's (or it's psychosomatic?).

• Confused 1