Bridge To Somewhere (Original Song by EmeraldSoul)

markno999

Here is an original song written by EmeraldSoul and posted by him some time ago on the Forum as a piano solo track.    I thought it was a great song and asked him if I could take a stab at working out some string parts for it and he graciously provided a MIDI track of his original solo piece.  Went a little past just a string arrangement and this post is the result of the project effort.    

Piano played by EmeraldSoul, I did the string arrangements and the other parts, the sax solos (Soprano and Alto) were generated by BIAB and pieced together to create a fluid solo piece.   Many of the arrangement ideas were also provided by ES and I greatly appreciate him letting me work on his song, it was a lot of fun.  Hope you enjoy.

Bridge to Somewhere

https://soundclick.com/r/s8dyh7

Regards

Edited by markno999
Credit
  • Like 2

This was an absolute pleasure from start to finish, and all I did was noodle the piano a bit and comment. Markno999 was so creative and super diligent, raising the bar all the way along, and came up with awesome arrangement and mix. Thanks so much, M#999!

This tune now has a musicality I could scarcely have known was possible. Kudos!!!

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for having a listen, very much appreciated.      Hopefully got the Thank You's correct, I don't do too much social media type stuff:)

Regarding the Saxes, they actually are real saxes, real players in BIAB.   The challenge with BIAB comes in cutting and pasting something that sounds realistic as they kind of take licks a player would use over a chord and then splice performances together.   If you just enter chords and take what you get, in many cases (most cases) they don't sound convincing.   Generally what I do is render out 6 or 7 copies of a solo idea and then splice things together in a way I think sounds convincing or how a player might approach a specific song.  

Thanks again to everyone for taking the time to have a listen to this project.

Regards

• Thanks 1

Daryl - Thanks for the listen, appreciate it.   Hope all is going well in the UK. 

Beagle - thank you for the listen.   Fortunately had a lot to start with in Tom's original solo piece.    Was a lot of fun to develop the supporting pieces, although, the solo piece really already stood on it's own.  In any event, glad you liked it and that Tom let me experiment with his song.

GuitarTrek- Thank you for the comment and listen.   Appreciate it......    Still have a few of our collabs I need to finish.      

Regards