[SOLVED] Audio Cutting Off of Some Tracks Randomly Without Notification

I have a song, and a lot of the tracks are synths of the Sylenth1 Demo Version. Whenever I play my song, the audio of some of these tracks (and sometimes all of them) cuts out randomly without giving me a notification of the Audio Dropout (x) error. I froze some of the synths, and most of them were able to record the entire audio of the track without dropping out, but it didn't work for one synth (I fixed the problem by duplicating the track and piecing the audio together after freezing both of them). Normally, I wouldn't care about a problem like this, but the problem shows up in the exported audio, with some synths and sometimes the whole track being silenced at random intervals. 

I looked on the forums to fix this issue, and I tried doing stuck like increasing the buffer size to max in the driver settings and by increasing the Playback and Record I/O Buffer sizes, but neither seemed to work. I also tried lowering my CPU load a ton by closing all background processes, freezing all synths, and using best performance on my computer. Please help.

I should mention that this issue never happened to me before I replaced the old hard drive.

EDIT: I fixed it!!!!! FINALLY!!! It had nothing to do with my computer's soundcard or audio quality. It turns out that I downloaded the demo version of the VST Plugin Ozone Imager 2 and put it on my busses, which is why is muted some of the audio sometimes. I feel really dumb, but I'm so glad I have this issue figured out.

Edited by Lads of Life
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...
On 7/29/2020 at 4:04 PM, Lads of Life said:

I have a song, and a lot of the tracks are synths of the Sylenth1 Demo Version. Whenever I play my song, the audio of some of these tracks (and sometimes all of them) cuts out randomly without giving me a notification of the Audio Dropout (x) error. I froze some of the synths, and most of them were able to record the entire audio of the track without dropping out, but it didn't work for one synth (I fixed the problem by duplicating the track and piecing the audio together after freezing both of them). Normally, I wouldn't care about a problem like this, but the problem shows up in the exported audio, with some synths and sometimes the whole track being silenced at random intervals. 

I looked on the forums to fix this issue, and I tried doing stuck like increasing the buffer size to max in the driver settings and by increasing the Playback and Record I/O Buffer sizes, but neither seemed to work. I also tried lowering my CPU load a ton by closing all background processes, freezing all synths, and using best performance on my computer. Please help.

I should mention that this issue never happened to me before I replaced the old hard drive.

EDIT: I fixed it!!!!! FINALLY!!! It had nothing to do with my computer's soundcard or audio quality. It turns out that I downloaded the demo version of the VST Plugin Ozone Imager 2 and put it on my busses, which is why is muted some of the audio sometimes. I feel really dumb, but I'm so glad I have this issue figured out.

THANK YOU!  I was this close to return my brand new laptop because of this reason. 😅

I just authorized the plugin, closed and opened the project and that was it.

Thanks again, I'm so happy!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Wow - thank you so much for posting this. Same thing, I moved computers and downloaded Ozone Imager 2 again, but didn't realize I had to authorize it again.  It just makes an intermittent gap every several seconds - I thought it was latency or buffer issues at first but my controller made a completely responsive sound, until the time interval silenced the instrument.

Re: authorizing it (sorry, a little late here), if you don't have a code you have to purchase one (or get one on bundle) through Izotope.com.  They'll send you a code in an email; if you're having this problem then you'll likely have Ozone Imager 2 as an effect on your channel - double click it and it'll ask for your code and credentials.

Edited by Colin McCloy