Melodyne 5 issues

I recently upgraded to the trial version of melodyne 5 from melodyne 4 editor edition. I am exited by the improvements to the algorithms  and i am strongly considering the upgrade to melodyne 5 editor   

since installing the trial however, Cakewalk crashes every time i create a region effect.  I already tried increasing the buffer size but that did not help.  once cakewalk crashes the only way to resolve it is to force quit through the task manager.

the first picture shows the audio dropout that tells me that cakewalk is about to crash. this happens directly after creating the region effect.

the second shows the actual crash

the third is my audio settings at the time

image.png.296fdc0afa0d3a9b36a92e3117448eb8.png

image.png.9e40f5b362eff101bb6610b0f32d98dc.pngimage.png.203b147a67a9c16f51a910f3f9f8fa74.png

thanks in advance for any help you can offer

OS Win 10 version 2004 (64bit)

processor intel I5 7400 @ 3.0 Ghz

12 GB Ram

interface Focusrite 6i6 

I have done quite a bit of work with Melodyne 5 studio in Cakewalk since upgrading. The only issues where when I went back to do some remedial edits on a project that was close to finished and had a lot of fx running. This caused a unrecoverable dropout. The solution was to restart Cakewalk, turn off the fx and do and render the edit before turning them back on.

CPU load is very high on this project. It may be unrelated to your issue but turning off any fx may be worth a try.

Do you have the latest Cakewalk version installed? I seem to recall some ARA fixes mentioned in release notes a while back but can't be sure.

3 hours ago, Timothy Connelly said:

Pete, did that work for you?

Vernon, I am very interested in upgrading from 4 studio to 5 studio. Have you hit any snags, other than the one you mentioned?

No other issues, and the one I did encounter was probably due to processor overload with the other plugins, Melodyne was just the final straw.

5 is a significant update.  The sibilance tool is very good.

thanks for the input.   yes turning off the FX before rendering did the trick. Yes I have the latest version I was evaluating the early access for the upcoming update when I first encountered the issue, so I rolled back thinking that might have been the cause.   the improvements to Melodyne 5 make the jump a no brainer. 

• 4 weeks later...

I am running into an issue I saw with Melodyne a few years back where the Editor view and track view are not in sync. Latest version of Cakewalk and Melodyne 5. I also see it in Studio One as well, so I'm guessing it's something in Melodyne. I have reported it to them and am waiting for a response. This is all since updating to Melodyne 5

one thing i found - if you have OneDrive backup enabled, and the Melodyne separations were getting backed up to OneDrive (because by default the "separations" folder were in the user documents folder @$#%@%$^). this of course ended up causing locks while sync'ing a bunch of changing files. once i changed the path to a permanent home on a separate drive (editing the Melodyne XML file), it all works perfectly. Transfers end up in the project folders, or the permanent home location, depending on how i'm using it.