Arturia V-Collection updated to 7.2

cclarry

The user defined resources folder is a significant step forward. It can get quite large and be an issue if your system drive space is at a premium.

They had a hack for relocation which automatically set up a directory join after it moved the folder. I did this. It will be intresting to see what happens after the upgrade

24 minutes ago, John Bradley said:

$299 to update from V6 to V7... gee, thanks Arturia, but I'll pass on that.

They've had 2 sales where the upgrade price was $99, but for me that was still a bit much.
If they include the latest item (forget what it was) and they have a $99 sale later I might go for it.
That said.. $49 would be no brainer, $99 then it depends on what else is on my WannaBuy list.

39 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

They've had 2 sales where the upgrade price was $99, but for me that was still a bit much.
If they include the latest item (forget what it was) and they have a $99 sale later I might go for it.
That said.. $49 would be no brainer, $99 then it depends on what else is on my WannaBuy list.

the last one was OBx. i think i might wait a bit until v8 to upgrade. I don't think there is enough in there to warrant an upgrade yet.

The sale for individual items  is up on PB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vernon Barnes said:

They had a hack for relocation which automatically set up a directory join after it moved the folder. I did this. It will be intresting to see what happens after the upgrade

I did what I did for most other instruments that insist on installing on my system drive (including VST3 plugins): move the actual folder contents to another drive, and create a symbolic link where it used to be to point to the new folder.

Great to have a specifiable resource folder though; symbolic links can be tricky to keep track of after a while.

Edited by antler

From the Website

Performance Update 7.2

The best just got better.

We’ve improved V Collection 7 with your feedback in mind - awe-inspiring sounds, impeccable performance.

V Collection 7.2 is a free update that boosts speed, improves ease of use and elevates your workflow to new creative heights. Discovering timeless synths has never been this easy - update now and enhance your V Collection experience.

To update,

just launch the ASC and it should update itself to the latest version. You will then be able to update all your software titles.

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

I concur completely. Even $99 was too much for basically a Melotron. (CZ and Synthi? No interest in either.) Throw in the OB-Xa and the $99 at least becomes something I'd think about.

Wish they'd do more 'mainstream' offerings in the future, though I suppose their choices get limited once you start talking about ROMplers and other '80s-'90s synths that can't simply be emulated, they need actual copies of samples etc. that the companies still own. Korg and Roland aren't going to be in any rush to let them do an M1 or a D50 for example, as they both already sell (or rent!) their own VSTs of same.

Edited by John Bradley

22 minutes ago, John Bradley said:

I concur completely. Even $99 was too much for basically a Melotron. (CZ and Synthi? No interest in either.) Throw in the OB-Xa and the $99 at least becomes something I'd think about.

Wish they'd do more 'mainstream' offerings in the future, though I suppose their choices get limited once you start talking about ROMplers and other '80s-'90s synths that can't simply be emulated, they need actual copies of samples etc. that the companies still own. Korg and Roland aren't going to be in any rush to let them do an M1 or a D50 for example, as they both already sell (or rent!) their own VSTs of same.

i am still on V6. Had no interest in CZ or Synthi. I am sure OBx will be in the next deal. I still think its not really enough to justify an upgrade. I think mabe if they do some really cool and advanced things with a new ver of Analog Lab, then we are talking. Mayby if they some some combined sale of synths and effect, then that could also be interesting. But just to get 3 or 4 more retro synths -- not enough IMO.

yes - this is the june update...which broke some backwards compatibility.  I still have a support ticket open on this...they've promised to fix it but have gone radio silent

Edited by simon
  • Thanks 1