Marquette County Line

Barry Seymour

1 hour ago, Wookiee said:

Not bad, perhaps a little more weight on the kick and bass, but that could just be a personal taste thing.  All in all another well polished tune.

Good points, I'll look into it.

Question: I mixed the voice with more treble than usual; on some of my systems, it sounds like the voice is too out front, sounds separate from the rest of the mix. Any thoughts on that?

Another fine tune Barry. On the cans the vocal sits just fine.
If I were mixing it I'd want just a bit more interaction between the kick and bass.
What I'm trying to say is I think the bass is a bit lite and the kick a bit hot; maybe.
I'd have to hear it on the speakers, if I had to mix exclusively on the cans; I'd never get it "right".
(of course that assumes I ever get it right 🙃)

t

maybe I'd change the intro, but as Pablo said "great artists steal"...

• Great Idea 1

10 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

Another fine tune Barry. On the cans the vocal sits just fine.
If I were mixing it I'd want just a bit more interaction between the kick and bass.
What I'm trying to say is I think the bass is a bit lite and the kick a bit hot; maybe.
I'd have to hear it on the speakers, if I had to mix exclusively on the cans; I'd never get it "right".
(of course that assumes I ever get it right 🙃)

t

maybe I'd change the intro, but as Pablo said "great artists steal"...

The intro is an in-joke. This is actually autobiographical; my first band in the early 70s was a seven piece rock band with horns, we were big fans of Chicago. Note also the lick from 'Smoke on the Water' in there.

More bass, less kick. I think you're right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Escanaba, Marquette.. being a Michigander I know the area!  Good tune, reminded me of Skynyrd in a few spots.

Skynrd?!? What the heck? LOL. I actually thought the lead guitar started to sound like early 70s Moody Blues there, but I think I see what you're saying. I do like LS's crunchy guitar sound.

Thanks for the kind words. Where in Michigan are you from?

(Plus your profile picture gives me a chuckle.)

Edited by Barry Seymour