Peter Tork - R.I.P.

synkrotron

Those reruns use to be on MTV and then VH1 until those in charge decided those networks need to have little to do with music.   That was a great TV show.  Who remembers when Davie was on the Brady Bunch? I think AMT had a model of the Monkeemobile.   I was surprised they never made a cartoon of them.

I think there's a Behind the Music of them on youtube. 

23 minutes ago, mdiemer said:

I always wondered who wrote their songs. Some great stuff, like "Last Train To Clarksville," "I'm A Believer," "Pleasant Valley Sunday..." Whoever it was should be in the songwriter's hall of fame.

Well, Neil Diamond IS in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame as of 2011...

(He wrote "I'm A Believer.")

Gerry Goffin and Carole King are in as well ("Pleasant Valley Sunday")

I don't believe Tommy Boyce and Bobby Hart are though ("Last Train To Clarksville")...

Edited by craigb
  • Like 1

Little girls have their Magic Kingdoms where they are the princess  waiting for their prince to show up and I had my Rock and Roll dream  ....

I wanted out from the ghetto of the Bronx where my child hood  sucked  big time  .

I needed something , a dream to hitch my Star on .

The Monkeys , the music and the image they portrayed  sure beat the idea of joining the circus and  having to sweep and clean up  Dumbo's  turds . ( back then it was run away from home and join the circus ) or ( become a child hobo  and ride the  trains ) 

I loved the Monkeys , they were the gateway into a whole wide world of music that was  hidden in plain sight  just waiting for me to discover it .

Later on in life while I was still living in NYC , I met Peter Tork in a laid back social situation ..

He was very approachable and he seemed genuinely sincere  about giving me the opportunity  to let him know I grew up digging his music ... 

I was glad that happened ..

RIP Peter Tork ...you helped make my world a better place .

Kenny

Edited by Kenny Wilson
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Kenny Wilson said:

Later on in life while I was still living in NYC , I met Peter Tork in a laid back social situation ..

He was very approachable and he seemed genuinely sincere  about giving me the opportunity  to let hm know I grew up digging his music ... 

I was glad that happened ..

RIP Peter Tork ...you helped make my world a better place .

Kenny

Great story Kenny. Nice memory! Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

They did make the world better. Or, at least were a reflection of a more hopeful time. I know I know, bad stuff was going on then (I was there), but there was just a healthy innocence to most music back then. It was inspiring, it made you feel good. Hopefully, Peter and David are making  music again together somewhere.

Edited by mdiemer
addendum
  • Like 1