Go to my PC

Stephen Simmons

Question

Hey I wondered if there was an app that would let me control CW from a remote location. That way I could run it from a pad from a vocal booth in another room. Anybody try go to my PC or one of those other similar applications? I'm pretty sure there's something in Windows that works just fine. I should be able to control my studio PC with my Surface right? Just wondering if anybody tried it.

Thank you

WSS

Edited by Stephen Simmons

2 answers to this question

Yes, you should be able to do remote desktop from a Surface to a PC. Although, it might be a bit overkill for just starting and stopping the project. Some people just use their wireless keyboards for this. There are also apps like "TouchDaw" that you can run on your phone or tablet to remotely control playback and recording.

On 7/28/2020 at 3:24 PM, reginaldStjohn said:

Yes, you should be able to do remote desktop from a Surface to a PC. Although, it might be a bit overkill for just starting and stopping the project. Some people just use their wireless keyboards for this. There are also apps like "TouchDaw" that you can run on your phone or tablet to remotely control playback and recording.

Thanks Sure, a wireless keyboard would work but I wouldn't be able to see the screen. I would need that to go back to the punch point or set a new punch point or switch to another track. And I don't really have room free separate vocal booth in my particular studio room.  

WSS