Folder freeze and Folder mute / un-mute

Misha

Hi folks & bakers.

Not sure if there is a proper workaround. If there is, request is for automating it. If not, here goes:

1)Freeze whole "Track Folder" with all the content. 

2) Able to Mute / Unmute whole folder -> NOT the takes or separate tracks in that folder. Meaning if there are muted track(s) placed inside the track folder, it will "un-mute" if the folder is unmuted, creating cacophony.... "UNDO" does not work for that action.  Request:   if originally,  muted tracks are placed in folder or muted manually by expanding folder tree, they should remain "muted" if folder is un-muted.  Looking for a similar behavior to "take lanes".  If a "take " is muted by a right click->mute , it will remain muted if the track is muted or un-muted. 

Thank you for considering it!

So a track in a folder is unmuted if and only if Track Mute is NO and Folder Mute is NO?  I'd like that having had to do keyboard dancing in the past to deal with drum folders like this...

For symmetry, how should Solo work?  Ideally, I'd say, it should work in the same way, but I don't think that makes sense.

Kevin,

Well, this is how I see it:  Treat "track folder" as a track.  If Track has 5 take lanes, 3 of which are muted... Muting/un-muting whole track will not alter "muted" status of those muted take lanes, they will remain muted... unless you decide to un-mute them manually of course. Basically, concept of request is to be able to mute Track folder output only, not touching particular mute settings in everything that is going on inside that track folder.

So symmetry with solo (in "track folder") would be identical if treating an individual track that is soloed.  In track, it would play only active content, which is  not muted.