SOLVED! meter malfeasance?

witch_wyzwurd

Seems to be a new problem for me; maybe from a recent update?

1. I have a project template that has empty audio tracks set up for recording

1a. In this template, I have "Tempo–120" and "Meter–4/4"

2. So if I want to record a song "Tempo–160"...

2a. Before I thought I changed "Tempo–120" to "Tempo–160" by clicking on tempo indicator on visual control panel and entering in new tempo, which changed tempo from where vertical play-bar was set to end of song; now it seems I have to go to Project-Insert Series of Tempos-(insert new tempo as Tempo Range and set the Time Range)...is this a change?

3. Now,  if I want to record a song "Meter–3/4"...

3a. Before I thought I changed "Meter–4/4" to "Meter–3/4" by clicking on meter indicator on visual control panel and entering in new meter, which changed meter from where vertical play-bar was set to end of song; now no matter how I try to change the meter of the project it only changes it "At Measure." This means I have to go measure by measure (At Measure 1, then At Measure 2, then At Measure 3, etc.) to change the whole project's meter. Daunting!!!

3b. Without creating a whole new project and re-setting up empty tracks ready to record, how do I change the meter from let's say 4/4 to 3/4 for a whole project, so I can hear the metronome tick the beat it's supposed to when I record?

Edited by witch_wyzwurd

Have you tried opening up the Meter Key view and making adjustments there ?

Same can be said for the Tempo View. Set everything up the way you want it and save it again as a template.

I have to admit I kind of lost track to what the actual problem is. You explained it thoroughly but maybe to much detail for me sorry.

• Like 1

• witch_wyzwurd changed the title to SOLVED! meter malfeasance?