The Surf

Wookiee

The Surf

Using Cherry Audio's Voltage Modular to randomly self generate the surf sound and allowing a Wookiee to do things with a Mellotron you were probably never meant to do.

Cherry Audio's Voltage Modular is using the Random Task Generator which generates Random Voltages which was controlled by a clock being randomly controlled by the Random Task generator.  Which was also Randomly changing other Random Task generators, you get the drift.

Along with Arturia's CS-80 V and Mellotron V
Korg's MS-20 V

Thanks for your ears and time.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, David Sprouse said:

For some reason it reminds me of eating finger sandwiches and gossiping

It is the Strawberry Flutes Patch, which also has Violins and Cello's available in the same patch i you change tracks.  Now I am sure you are nor supposed to change tracks whilst playing, as I think it moves the play heads, but if one has a knob one should play with it and if you can automate playing with it all the better.

Thank you David I appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment. 

Musically it sounds like something a classical composer (Bach, et. al.) may have put together if you teleported a synthesizer back in time.   The layering and effects are really fantastic.    The Arturia Mellotron sounds great, have used it on a few Elton John covers and it is very convincing.   You have done something a little outside the scope of your average Mellotron player.    I like it, had to have a few listens through:) Good stuff.

Regards

Edited by markno999
  • Thanks 1

Very cool Wookie! Great electronic  classical composition, made me think of the elements of nature. I recently bought the Arturia V Collection and am loving it. I'm also using the Strawberry Flutes patch on a song I'm working on, it is blowing me away! Best mellotron emulation I've heard! It sounds like you automated the A-B-C slider to crossfade the different sounds, great idea! Looking forward to hearing your next piece!

Regards

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Cherry Audio's Voltage Modular is using the Random Task Generator which generates Random Voltages which was controlled by a clock being randomly controlled by the Random Task generator.  Which was also Randomly changing other Random Task generators, you get the drift.

So you're saying this is a random effect?  😁

Wookie, I'm really liking this! Listening to it for like the 4th time now. Just beautiful stuff my friend.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, markno999 said:

You have done something a little outside the scope of your average Mellotron player.

Thank you Mark, I think I did something that would break a real one or at least risk damaging the tapes, again your ears and time are appreciated. 

On 7/28/2020 at 11:45 PM, tonemangler said:

automated the A-B-C slider

Exactly which I think was a no no on a real Mellotron as it moves the playback head across the tape.  Thanks for the listen and comment it is most appreciated. 

On 7/28/2020 at 11:47 PM, bjornpdx said:

So you're saying this is a random effect?  😁

The surf sound in the background is totally randomly generated Bjorn see the patch below.  Thank you for the listen and kind words I am glad you enjoyed this one.

The Surf.png

man, wookiee,

you REALLY tripped out on this one...

its the perfect soundtrack for hang gliding over the mountains,

it needs a sailing guitar melody way above the slower sections...😁

but love the flute solo. that is bad @ss.   

what is the genesis of the mellotron samples on this one?

they DO sound very  reminiscent of the strawberry fields recordings, maybe not as wobbly....

Edited by batsbrew

8 hours ago, Wookiee said:

The surf sound in the background is totally randomly generated Bjorn see the patch below.  Thank you for the listen and kind words I am glad you enjoyed this one.

The Surf.png

Thank you for posting this picture! I hate it! :)

Meanwhile, your tune is awesome, this is a new fav. Love the mellotron. How about "Switched-On Mellotron" or "Switched-On Wookie"?

• Haha 1

On 7/29/2020 at 12:57 PM, Hidden Symmetry said:

those quick little figures gave me visuals of tiny sea creatures being swiftly carried or moving against ocean currents!

Nice to know I conveyed that image, glad you enjoyed this thanks for your ears and time.