Trillian - Bad Freeze

Max Arwood

Does the song start at measure 1? It looks like it does, but hard to see.
In the old days, especially when using soft synths, it was a good idea to start the recording at a later measure, like 2 or 4. That theoretically gave the synth a chance to 'warm up' before having to play rather than having to jump right in before it was ready.
If you want to try that, place the Now time at measure 1 and go to Insert>Time>Measures and add a few measures. That should move everything in the project over the specified amount. Just Undo if it doesn't work.

I've always used at least 2 measures at the beginning of a song, usually 3. That said I don't freeze tracks very often.

BTW, have you patched Trilian with the latest updates? I did mine a few weeks ago.

We are not talking about a measure - it is 37+ measures late. I unfroze it and refroze it - still 37+ measures late.

Already up to date.

TrilianSoftware1.4.5d

Soundsources1.0.1

Patches1.4.9d

Max Arwood

Edited by Max Arwood

OK, I understand the issue now. Have you checked the event viewer in the bass MIDI track for odd events, disabled any effects on the track?

You do rewind the project to the beginning prior to the freeze?

There are a bunch of controls in Trilian. Have you tinkered with something new in Trilian that you never used before?

I've been using Trilian for years and I've never seen this late thing happen.

• Like 1

It plays just fine un-frozen I did not rewind before I froze it.  Trying that right now.  Wow that's it!  I've never had to do that before on any soft synth.  I just bounce them. Never had a problem whether I froze from the Synth, the midi or the audio/instrument track or worry where the cursor was.  Thanks to davet, at least I know a work around.  I would still call it a bug.  Does yours 1/2 bounce if your cursor is in the middle of the song?

Thanks!!

Max Arwood

Max,

I've been burned a few times when I didn't re-wind a project prior to a stereo export, then wondered why only part of the song would play. Now it's become a habit to

re-wind before I do exports, freezes and the like.

Glad to hear it's working!

• Like 1

Interesting. I use Trilian and always end up freezing it (it can be such a hog), but have never seen this behavior. I am not in the habit of rewinding or doing any other preparation before freezing.

Do you guys also use Omnisphere, and if so, does it behave this way as well? My understanding is that both instruments are basically the same under the hood, as evidenced by each being able to play the other's samples.

The reason I ask is I'm wondering if the issue is actually within the instrument or if the problem lies elsewhere. It just doesn't make sense that an instrument could cause this behavior on its own.