Bulk change channel

SteenE

You can also use 'Find/Change' under 'Process'. For example: Say you want to change all notes on channel 5 to channel 7....

Select the midi you want to change and use 'Find/change'.

A window of many midi parameters opens. Select all notes in the channel range 5 to 5 (don't change anything else). Click OK.

Another window opens. Select all the notes in the channel range 7 to 7. Click OK. All the notes will change to channel 7.

I've just tried this. It works.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sailor55 said:

You can also use 'Find/Change' under 'Process'. For example: Say you want to change all notes on channel 5 to channel 7....

Select the midi you want to change and use 'Find/change'.

A window of many midi parameters opens. Select all notes in the channel range 5 to 5 (don't change anything else). Click OK.

Another window opens. Select all the notes in the channel range 7 to 7. Click OK. All the notes will change to channel 7.

I've just tried this. It works.

I actually tried that and couldn't get it to work.

Strange. I made sure to try it out before posting so I wouldn't be giving wrong information. I've used Find/Change many times for other purposes and found it always worked. In the past, I've used it to give every note in a drum track a length of either zero or some other small value since, in most cases, the note length for a percussive drum sound is usually irrelevant.

1 hour ago, Sailor55 said:

Strange. I made sure to try it out before posting so I wouldn't be giving wrong information. I've used Find/Change many times for other purposes and found it always worked. In the past, I've used it to give every note in a drum track a length of either zero or some other small value since, in most cases, the note length for a percussive drum sound is usually irrelevant.

Oh I'm sure it works. I just not smart enough to use that tool.