Formality De-instated

Bapu

In my best work times I made a LOT of money and, being of a very athletic build, used to wear custom suits and ties.  I also understood that the correct tie (knotted properly) was supposed to "tie" in the colors of the suit, shirt and pocket square.  Now I literally do most of my work in shorts and a t-shirt with bare feet (ahh!).  That said, I like his tie and it would have probably found a home in the 80+ I still have and never wear.

This thread makes me realize just how much things have changed!  On "Casual Fridays" I didn't have to wear a suit and this is what I got to wear the below instead.  If I were to wear this to a client now, I'd be considered over-dressed!  Weird...

At-CCI-Office-sm.jpg

16 minutes ago, craigb said:

Now I literally do most of my work in shorts and a t-shirt with bare feet (ahh!). 

Exactly my daily attire. We don't Zoom for work (yet) but if we did I'd at least have to comb my hair before getting online (visually that is).

3 hours ago, Bapu said:

Exactly my daily attire. We don't Zoom for work (yet) but if we did I'd at least have to comb my hair before getting online (visually that is).

I still remember MAD Magazine cartoons from the 60's and 70's that were predicting future things.  One I that I still recall had a lady who accidentally dropped the fake mask she would use for video conferencing.  It revealed that she was only in night attire and rollers.  LOL!

[Note that I have had to do Teams, Skype and Zoom meetings, but "sorry, my computer camera doesn't work!" 😁 ]

Edited by craigb

1 hour ago, craigb said:

There's soooo much I miss about that time of my life (and a few things I definitely would have done differently!).

Oh, well.  Time moves on!

Tough Break  Son !  Judging by your pic you could have given Tom Cruise a run for his Money if you were given the chance 🤪

🤣

Kenny

1 hour ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Tough Break  Son !  Judging by your pic you could have given Tom Cruise a run for his Money if you were given the chance 🤪

🤣

Kenny

Well, I am a lot taller, was WAAAAAAY better at beach volleyball than he ever was in Top Gun (even with the much shorter net), and I could probably still beat him at pool (I won a couple of tournaments when I was young). 😁

Actually, you literally couldn't give me enough money for me to change my life with his.  I once worked with a girl who had gone out with him; she was unimpressed and called him "short and arrogant."  LOL.

In fact, the main thing I would have changed in my life back then would have been to go out with the girls "I" wanted to and not the ones that everyone else wishes they could have gone out with.  Let's just say that there are a LOT of plastic people in Southern California.

17 hours ago, craigb said:

In my best work times I made a LOT of money and, being of a very athletic build, used to wear custom suits and ties.  I also understood that the correct tie (knotted properly) was supposed to "tie" in the colors of the suit, shirt and pocket square.  Now I literally do most of my work in shorts and a t-shirt with bare feet (ahh!).  That said, I like his tie and it would have probably found a home in the 80+ I still have and never wear.

This thread makes me realize just how much things have changed!  On "Casual Fridays" I didn't have to wear a suit and this is what I got to wear the below instead.  If I were to wear this to a client now, I'd be considered over-dressed!  Weird...

At-CCI-Office-sm.jpg

Don't look back - something's sneaking up behind you.

14 hours ago, craigb said:

[Note that I have had to do Teams, Skype and Zoom meetings, but "sorry, my computer camera doesn't work!" 😁 ]

My work PC does not have a camera. That's a fact. We use Webex to share desktops though. And, I don't have "that folder" on my work computer.😜