Kind of Irish

bjornpdx

Trying for an Irish or Celtic sound and this piece is mostly auditioning Vsts. So, a work in progress.
I really like Bolder Sound Fiddle Vst which  has a lot of articulations but I only used three of them.
There are also a guitar and a flute that take turns playing the melody part - still not sure which one or both or none to use.
I'll definitely keep the fiddle.
It needs a female vocal track which I'll have to figure out how to do (the lyrics and - oh yeah a singer) but in the meantime I put
in a lot of ooohs and aaahs from NI Vocalise.

Thanks for listening/commenting

NI Strummed Acoustic
NI Electric Sunburst deluxe
Indiginus Renaxxance
Bolder Sound Fiddle v2
Embertone Jubal Flute
NI Vocalise 2

• Like 4

It's cool to audition vsti's in a project, you get to learn a lot by putting them through their paces. I liked your tune and the standout for me was the Vocalise. I could see that blending well with a lot of projects. 

The ending just sort of faded into the Irish/Celtic mist rather than resolve anything  :)  but I think your intent here was experimentation rather than song structure, correct?

In any case my blood pressure lowered and I thank you for that! Nice one.

cheers,

-Tom

Edited by emeraldsoul
  • Like 1

Bjorn , Great melody and mix. The guitars sounded very relaxed and convincing. I Loved the fiddle. You did a very good job with the grace notes almost got a bagpipe attack out of it. I believe SoundCloud did its' normal chop off the ending though .  Enjoyed it ..   mark

• Like 1