Waves Element 2 VST not loading

Kay

Hi there

i installed Waves Element and get a problem. At the first lauch of CbB after install the VST shown in the list and worked well. When i close CbB and start again the VST is not loading and the project i load gives a error. After reset and re-scan of all VST´s the VST appears again in the list ... until i close and open CbB again. 

i searched for an answer of a workaround but didnt find anything. Someone there who can give me a hint how to  get Elements to work right ?

Thanks

I have Waves Element 2 and it works fine for me in Cakewalk. I just opened Cakewalk and loaded Element and tried it, works. Closed Cakewalk, opened Element again and tried it, works again. Have you tried uninstalling Elements and reinstalling it? The problem with Waves plugins is that they dont use the typical VST type files. They all seem to be shells, and Cakewalk seems to always have to rescan the shell files for changes each time it restarts. Something I noticed. I only have two Waves plugins so the scan is so fast I barely notice the difference. With tons of Waves plugins it may be a different story. Also, the Waves installer seems to install kinds of VST types. I delete all of them and keep the VST3 versions. I would suggest to try uninstalling all you waves plugins. Re-install them. But before you open Cakewalk, delete all the VST2 or other versions and keep the VST3 versions. Then run Cakewalk and see it that helps.

Edited by Hillmy

Another "Element 2 working fine on my systems" user here. It's a vital synth for me. I would know right away if there were an inherent issue with Cakewalk, so your prognosis is excellent for getting it to work.

What @Hillmy says about reinstalling Element 2, is the best advice, although you may have to reinstall more than just it.

Waves Central likes to splash a zillion versions of their shell all over the place, 32-bit versions, etc, so it's no surprise that  the host gets confused from time to time.

I'll gently suggest that contacting Waves support may also be a fruitful course of action. If a simple reinstall doesn't nail it, then they may be the ones who can give you your best advice on how to get Elements 2 to work right.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/26/2020 at 10:11 PM, Hillmy said:

I delete all of them and keep the VST3 versions. I would suggest to try uninstalling all you waves plugins. Re-install them. But before you open Cakewalk, delete all the VST2 or other versions and keep the VST3 versions. Then run Cakewalk and see it that helps.

+1. it works! thank you, my friend)

• Like 2