Using Ezkeys from within CbB

John Aldam

Question

I have both Cakewalk by Bandlab and Ezkeys running on my Windows laptop.
I wish to work on a song file that include both a melody line and a chord progression
In Cakewalk I have CWP file with a melody line
In Ezkeys I have an ezkp file with a chord progression
I can play and edit the chords in the ezkp file by using the control buttons in Ezkeys
Is there a way I can play the ezkp file using the control buttons in Cakewalk and not Ezkeys?

1 answer to this question

You can’t control the stand-alone version of EZ Keys from within CbB, if that’s what you’re asking. To access the content of your EZ Keys project file (*.ezkp) you will need to insert the VST version of EZ Keys into your CbB project and then from the EZ Keys VST select Menu > Load project and navigate to your ezkp file in order to load your chord content. Once you’ve done that I would suggest that you select and drag your chords from the VST into the EZ Keys MIDI track and then let the melody MIDI track have its output set to the same instance of the EZ Keys VST. Also, at this point you might want to switch off the “Follow host” indicator found in the bottom-right corner of the VST display not to have any duplicate notes sounding.