Unable to record

Lee Robin

I am trying to record using the Q1202USB, plugged via usb into my PC, and using SONAR X3 as the software. Using ASIO4ALL v2 as the driver for both. I have signals coming into the board but I am unable to get signal into SONAR.  I've checked and double checked my settings but I may be missing something. I have read until my eyes are crossed. I can't seem to figure this out. Can you please help? Thank you!

Does SONAR recognize your Behringer (does it show in the input list)? If Behringer offers real ASIO driver  for download, that would be recommendable, as ASIO4ALL is not actually an ASIO driver.

Can you hear other computer sounds through the Behringer (Youtube or such)? If you insert a soft synth or import audio to SONAR, can you audition them?

SONAR will only recognize the device if Windows recognizes it. First step, then, is to verify that Windows knows it's there. Go to the Sound control panel and make sure the Behringer shows up in the input device dropdown list. If it is, then you know that Windows is aware of it and is able to talk to it, eliminating potential hardware issues such as a bad USB port or cable.

Next, verify that SONAR has been told to use that device. Go to Preferences within SONAR and make sure the interface has been selected.

If Windows is happy and SONAR is happy, switch to a native driver and see if that works. MME is the most reliable of the native drivers (but not recommended for recording) and tends to work when others do not. If MME works, try WASAPI. If that works, it'll actually do better performance-wise than Asio4All. Behringer does have a proper ASIO driver if you have your heart set on ASIO, and it'll be more reliable and more efficient than ASIO4All.

That does sound like the kind of generic name Behringer would use. Maybe somebody here who is a Behringer user could tell us what the driver shows up as.

IIRC, and that's a big "I", Behringer either initially didn't have ASIO drivers for their products, or did have but dropped them. Entirely possible that's just my old brain mis-remembering, I dunno.