How to import drum tracks

Steve Leighton

Question

Okay, please forgive me but I'm brand new to the entire world of DAW.  I've been slowly piecing together a home studio and now I'm ready start creating.  I want to start by importing some drum loops from Band Lab Assistant. I can't figure out how. This is my very first question and I'm sure as I get more familiar with this forum I'm be able to find more answers on my own. 

Thank-you!

6 answers to this question

I also can't see any loop packs there.

Try this:

Add the SI Drums to a track. Open up its GUI. It has drum loops of various genres. If you double-click on one it plays, so you can audition them. You can drag and drop onto a MIDI track.

Most drum synths do that. Google free drum vsts plugins and have a look at the 10 top free drum kits.

That should get you started.

If you need help with doing that, start working through these tutorials

Edited by Nigel Mackay
  • Confused 1

Once downloaded, loops in BandLab Assistant may be dragged directly into CbB from BA.

To download a loop either audition the loop or click the download button in BA

Downloaded loops are stored in folders in your Documents\BandLab\Sounds folder

The files may be dragged into the project or imported from there too.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Try this:

Add the SI Drums to a track. Open up its GUI. It has drum loops of various genres. If you double-click on one it plays, so you can audition them. You can drag and drop onto a MIDI track.

Most drum synths do that. Google free drum vsts plugins and have a look at the 10 top free drum kits.

15 hours ago, Nigel Mackay said:

Try this:

I knew this was going to happen. In reading a lot of other notes in here I keep seeing 2 or 3 letter acronyms and I have no idea what they stand for.  Is there a DAW dictionary of acronyms? For instance, you said " Add the SI Drums to a track. Open up its GUI" I have no idea what SI and GUI stand for. This is how new I am to all of this. 

Then scook said "may be dragged directly into CbB from BA." Again, no idea. I'm sure life will be easier once I learn more of these. Thank-you for  you help!