Landslide / Personal Jesus

Harks

Landslide You have a nice voice.  I'd adjust pitches in a few places (not alot).  It's a great campfire song, makes me kind of sad.  

Personal Jesus:  I like your take on it, but gotta agree with Harry C.  you could make it  better by making it rock more, if that's the direction you want to go

Edited by David Sprouse

Very nice vocal tone, and cool rendition of Personal Jesus which I never thought would get the rock treatment!

PJ the mix needs a bit of air added back in? Maybe less compression on drums, less rvb on guitar, that sort of thing. Could maybe use a "sparkle" plugin on the master bus? Is this a 100% Bandlab stock plugins production? I like the drive of the groove, but the boxy mix needs a bit more up top, if that makes sense.

Solid bones, though. 

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks to all three of you for your compliments and constructive criticism.  I have always found mixing to be a bit of a problem and can never seem to get it right. 

PJ - Yes, I wanted to rock it up a bit as I've always felt that it would be a good rock song.  I recorded my version and then Def Leppard released a cover in 2018! A mate of mine tells me that Marilyn Manson has also covered it.  As for plugins, I used Focusrite Scarlet Reverb on the vocals (I have a Focusrite audio interface), as well as Spitfish De-esser.  I used Focusrite Midnight EQ and Sonitus Reverb on the whole thing.  I used compression on the guitar but that was with my effects unit, not when mixing and there's no reverb on guitar or drums.  Maybe that's where I'm going wrong!