Going Away

Douglas Kirby

More good Douglas Kirby to be sure!

9 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Can't believe how prolific you are and yet your songs maintain such high quality...

Doug doesn't "mess around" does he.

Couple of 👍's again here Doug.

t

How does SoundCloud come up with these rankings?
Charts #61 today (peak #35)
Charts #13 in subgenre today (peak #9)

Just curious....

have we heard LTDR?
May 23rd on Going Away, why wait so long?

• Like 1

On 7/25/2020 at 1:34 PM, ABull said:

Hey Douglas, very good mix on this -- clear as a bell and pleasing to hear -- I like your Squeeze-like harmonies  ("Yeah...") -- good luck with this and your album~~Allan

Thanks for listening and for commenting Allan - I appreciate it.

On 7/26/2020 at 2:11 AM, bjornpdx said:

Can't believe how prolific you are and yet your songs maintain such high quality every time. Always a pleasure hearing your latest Doug.

Hey Bjorn - thanks for listening - I write a lot of song and some are better than others - I try to post the best ones - the singles😃

18 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

More good Douglas Kirby to be sure!

Doug doesn't "mess around" does he.

Couple of 👍's again here Doug.

t

How does SoundCloud come up with these rankings?
Charts #61 today (peak #35)
Charts #13 in subgenre today (peak #9)

Just curious....

have we heard LTDR?
May 23rd on Going Away, why wait so long?

Thanks for your comment Tom - LTDR is just a demo version - I'm going to do a full production version of it. Regarding "Going Away" - I don't want to flood the forum with my songs, so I just post what I think are the best ones for you guys to give a listen to. This forum is very cool - gives me a chance to see what other people think of my tunes and mixes. Regarding SoundClick rankings - I have no idea  - it could be the number of plays probably.

• Like 1

Having heard I think nearly everything you have posted, I think this has got to be one of your better mixes. Very clean and the vocal pops! The excellent panned guitar parts in the chorus sit on the edges perfectly.

Only thing I could ask about is, you seem to have a shaker or tambourine or such? Is it sitting right on the same beat as the hi hat? Or did you double the hi hats? Something could be cleaner in that area, they are comb filtering or flanging it up a bit. It's not a deal breaker.

I haven't heard any song from you that isn't very very well arranged and constructed, and this is no exception. Thanks for sharing your work!

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 2:11 PM, emeraldsoul said:

Having heard I think nearly everything you have posted, I think this has got to be one of your better mixes. Very clean and the vocal pops! The excellent panned guitar parts in the chorus sit on the edges perfectly.

Only thing I could ask about is, you seem to have a shaker or tambourine or such? Is it sitting right on the same beat as the hi hat? Or did you double the hi hats? Something could be cleaner in that area, they are comb filtering or flanging it up a bit. It's not a deal breaker.

I haven't heard any song from you that isn't very very well arranged and constructed, and this is no exception. Thanks for sharing your work!

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks for the kind comments Tom - some of my mixes are better than others - it's interesting - I never know how a song mix is going to turn out in the end. By the way, I didn't use a shaker or a tambourine on this one - it's probably the hit hats that you're hearing - I'll give them another listen.

20 hours ago, Wookiee said:

Nice little furry paws tapping tune we have here, yeah those open hats are a little to forward but that can be a taste thing too.  Something to stick on the car stereo and hit the highway. :) 

Hey thanks Wookiee - I appreciate your comments.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, markno999 said:

Douglas,

Really enjoyed the song, and quite an excellent mix, particularly the vocals are upfront and are processed very well.   LTDR following Going Away is a really good one as well.

Regards

Thanks Mark - I appreciate your kind comments.