[SOLVED] VST Plugin GUI's Cutoff

razor7music

Hello Group--

I know this isn't really a CbB issue, but this is where I trust the responses...

Only after I upgraded my OS to W10 did I notice some, not all, of my VST plugin interfaces cutoff and I can't access all the controls. This did not happen in W7.

The first screenshot is what the entire GUI should look like for this plugin. The 2nd is what it looks like on my system.

The boundary defaults right up against the GUI. I just dragged it out to see if the GUI was hidden--nope.

Please help.

1.png

2.png

Edited by razor7music

Random guess: in Windows, Settings | System | Display do you have "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" set to something other than 100%?

There's also another scaling thing (might be the same thing shown in two different places) under Settings | Ease of Access | Display. Set that to 100%, if it's not.

Possibly also related to the text size in Settings | Ease of Access | Display. Drag the slider all the way left if it isn't.

12 minutes ago, John Bradley said:

Random guess: in Windows, Settings | System | Display do you have "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" set to something other than 100%?

There's also another scaling thing (might be the same thing shown in two different places) under Settings | Ease of Access | Display. Set that to 100%, if it's not.

Possibly also related to the text size in Settings | Ease of Access | Display. Drag the slider all the way left if it isn't.

Hey @John Bradley

That was it. I had custom scaling on, and for some reason, it tweaked my plugin interfaces in W10 but not W7.

So, first and foremost, thank you! I just bought this plugin and I was bummin'

The solution is a good news/bad news thing. It fixed my plugin interfaces, but now all fonts and icons are tiny again.  That's just a convenience issue. The plugin issue was a functional issue, so of course I'll leave the custom scaling off.

Thanks again!

• Like 1