Ozone 9 Advanced Offer

cclarry

I found two interesting pieces of information on the Izotope web site:

1.)  In the Ozone 9 documentation,  under the heading Plug-in Module, it says, "... Add the Plug-in module to choose an iZotope plug-in to add to your signal chain."   This seems to imply the 'Plugin Module' is used primarily to allow other Izotope VSTs to be used with the Ozone 9 standalone application.

2.) However, it appears some third party  VSTs will work with the Ozone plugin module too.  See this article on the Izotope web site  Third Party Compatibility in Ozone .  It says Waves is not supported in the Ozone standalone application.  It also says some VSTs won't work properly.  I don't know if this information is current. 

I may have misinterpreted the information.  However, this information would explain the various results we are seeing with Ozone's plugin module.  I suppose someone could contact Izotope to clarify. 

In my case, none of my VST3 plugins were found when scanning, but I don't have many VST3s.  Not all of my VST2 plugins are found.  I usually use Ozone 9 as a plugin inside a DAW, and not as a standalone app.  

Edited by Tom B
ambiguous sentence