New system having drop-outs

After many years of recording on my tried and true 2010 Dell with Windows 7 (16MB RAM), Sonar X3, M-Audio 2626 Firewire ASIO setup, I decided to upgrade to a new Dell 9830 with Windows 10 (64 MB RAM), Cakewalk by Bandlab (latest version),  and existing M-Audio 2626. During playback I was getting dropouts so I tried a bunch of different settings in CbB and the 2626 interface. Still had the dropouts so I figured my days with the firewire interface were over and bought a Presonus 192, figuring my problems would be solved. No such luck since I'm still getting the dropouts no matter how I set the buffers.

Note that I've tried projects recorded on the old system a few weeks ago to projects recorded in Sonar 15 years ago on an even older system. Same dropouts in all cases. However, if I play a CbB sample project it plays fine. My projects are all recorded at a Sample Rate of 48K and an Audio Driver Bit Depth of 24 (with 64 bit checked).

I've been a member of the Sonar/Cakewalk forums for a very long time and know the smartest guys are here so I'm hoping somebody can help me solve this issue.

Thanks,
Desert Hermit

CbB driver settings .png

CbB playbacks .png

I don't get a drop out notification like that. The "drop-out" I'm describing  is a quick drop on a single track. For instance, a guitar will be be playing and then go quiet for a half second. The audio loss is also not consistent. I can play the track section repeatedly and the drop will not necessarily happen in the same place. In fact, to prove that I played a verse section with only the lead vocal solo'd. The drops happened in different places each time.

That's an interesting take. I did have some issues re-loading some of my old plug-ins... B4II for example, but I just tried a song that did not have Organ on it and still had the same behavior. However, I do think you are on to something. Is there a way to identify any unauthorized plug-ins, other than removing them and reloading until I find the culprit?

Found it. It's the PC2A I talked about being missing in another thread a few days ago. Per your suggestion, I went to my old Sonar account and grabbed CA-2A, since PC2A didn't show up anymore. When I opened an existing project (I use that plug-in on the ProChannel of every track!!) PC2A was there, at least it showed up as working where before it just displayed the title bar. So, if I shut off that module in every ProChannel my project plays fine. Now the issue will be getting CA-2A to work in place of the older PC2A module.

The CA-2A is an upgrade to the PC-2A.

It may automatically replace the PC-2A if the the old PC-2A is completely removed from the scan path.

The default PC-2A folder is

C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared Utilities\Internal\PC2ALevelingAmplifier

PC2A does not show up in that path. In fact, I could not find the dll or any other related files for PC2A, but when I installed CA-2A, the module showed up in my existing projects as PC2A. Since it appears CA-2A needs authorization, how is that accomplished?

btw, thanks for all your help!