List of plugins used in each song?

Hi - is there an easy way to list/export all the plugins used in a song - other than having to open the song and manually look/check/write them down!

I've got loads of songs, some going back many years eg pre-Sonar but all updated and working today, but I'm maintaining too many old versions of plugins to keep everything working. I want to consolidate but could really do with an effective way of listing all plugins used in each song so I can see what I can easily get rid of or replace etc.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

Yes, ProjectScope.

From a thread on the old forum: http://forum.cakewalk.com/ProjectScope-for-Sonar-Project-Files-CWPs-updated-to-support-new-Sonar-project-features-m3584169.aspx

ProjectScope.exe (a free utility for all Sonar [Windows] users) has been updated. Version 1.3 for those keeping score. Although it has always worked with many versions of Sonar projects (covering the last decade or so up to the present), it now supports newer project features like the project image (the screenshot of the project when last saved, or the image you put into the Notes panel).

ProjectScope shows you  many of the resources inside Sonar projects without you having to load the project--so with ProjectScope you can instantly see what audio files are associated with a project, what the project Notes are, what plug-ins are used, etc. 

ProjectScope really shines with its SEARCH feature. You can find all your Sonar projects that have certain phrases in the Notes, for example, or find all the projects that use a specific audio (WAV) file. helps find CWPs and keeps them organized - updated to "Platinum Edition." When you find the project you were hunting for, double-click and it loads into that unsurpassed and feature-rich DAW we all love to use. (I am referring to Sonar, what DAW did you THINK I meant, hmmm?)

Edited by abacab

5 hours ago, scook said:

IIRC, Bitflipper made a tool to report VST plug-ins from the VST Inventory in the registry.

The only tool I know of for reporting project contents is ProjectScope. A link to the program is in this thread

That's great - Projectscope does the job -  gives all the audio files rather than just vsti tracks, but once in excel easy enough to filter things out.

Thanks all.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Just wanted to say thanks so much for this @abacab , that tool is great, and of course thanks to @czyky (I'm guessing that's the same person on here as there, who authored it) !  Amazing!  Will help me review for VSTs in preparation to probably de-subscribe from a particular provider, and anyway great info whenever needed.  Here we are in 2023 and STILL working with new projects!

Cakewalk’s community members have contributed numerous tools that extend it’s scope and function. It’s a measure of the depth of talent and commitment of this community. It’s the same commitment and dedication shown  by the developers who are involved so much with the community through the forum. 
All this for a piece of software that once was a retail product and is now available for no cost under licence to everyone. 

• Like 2