Cakewalk not saving Audio to the correct drive and folder

Jason Busiek

Question

Hi.  I have seen several people have this same issue with the latest version of Cakewalk by Bandlab, but I am not sure when this broke or what the solution is.   But no matter how the audio data config is set up through the Preferences --> File --> Audio Data, then Global Audio folder, even though I have always been able to capture my audio recording data to a separate drive and folder defined there, Now it is always saving to the C drive and creates an Audio folder with the project.  There seems to be no way to override this.  

Is this a new bug or is there a way around this?  Any help is appreciated.

1 answer to this question

IDK, never wanted to separate a project file from the audio folder below it. This is the default per-project audio folder layout and it is this way for a reason.

Keeping the default per-project audio folder layout where the project's folder contains

• project's file(s), autosave and versions
  • Audio folder containing project's audio
  • Melodyne folder containing project's melodyne audio clips
  • MixScenes folder for the project's mix scenes

insures the project is complete and portable. The folders are stored in the project using relative paths.

Placing folders outside of the default path breaks portability because the the folder locations are stored as absolute paths.