XLN Audio XO 50% off at Plugin Boutique

Monomox

13 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Anybody know how long this sale is going to be on?

Seems like they have been doing sales on this for a while now. I got mine at This price a while back. And I have seen it on sale since, so it must be in the rotation!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grem said:

Seems like they have been doing sales on this for a while now. I got mine at This price a while back. And I have seen it on sale since, so it must be in the rotation!!

You did??  I've been watching it. I was thinking $125 was its lowest price so far...  (??)

No I got it at this price. Would have to look it up to verify. 

I demo it when it was introduced, liked it, but didn't want to lay down that kind of moola. 

So I came on sale at around $100 and I jumped.

21 hours ago, mibby said:

Do you like it?  Do you use it much? 

I enjoyed playing around with it. I haven't read the manual or anything like that. Watched some of Zo's video. So since I got it I haven't made the time to really get familiar with it.

However, since this thread started I have gone back and was devoting some time to the UI. What I am finding so far is it's extremely easy to get a good beat going. And once you figure out how to 'work' that beat, it really shows great potential. And the 'working' of the beat is what I was concentrating on last time I messed with it. The timing and swing settings really work!

And to work with it in CbB was just a matter of letting XO create a user folder (where you tell it too!) and then drag the made beat into the DAW to be used there however you wish.

I haven't even scratched the surface of this thing yet. There are lots more features that I want to dive into. What I want to see is how can I get beats to evolve over time. If it turns out that this is an easy thing to do... I'd say it would almost be perfect for creating new beats!!!

[edit] Of course I could just throw Tantra in the fx bin of the beat trk and then it will evolve!! : )

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Grem said:

I enjoyed playing around with it. I haven't read the manual or anything like that. Watched some of Zo's video. So since I got it I haven't made the time to really get familiar with it.

However, since this thread started I have gone back and was devoting some time to the UI. What I am finding so far is it's extremely easy to get a good beat going. And once you figure out how to 'work' that beat, it really shows great potential. And the 'working' of the beat is what I was concentrating on last time I messed with it. The timing and swing settings really work!

And to work with it in CbB was just a matter of letting XO create a user folder (where you tell it too!) and then drag the made beat into the DAW to be used there however you wish.

I haven't even scratched the surface of this thing yet. There are lots more features that I want to dive into. What I want to see is how can I get beats to evolve over time. If it turns out that this is an easy thing to do... I'd say it would almost be perfect for creating new beats!!!

[edit] Of course I could just throw Tantra in the fx bin of the beat trk and then it will evolve!! : )

When I have some time, I'd really like to get all my acoustic drum samples in 1 folder and try to use that for my rock creations. One thing for sure is whatever you put into XO, it just sounds excellent. I've been using XO with EZ Drummer together and got some very nice results.

Would be fantastic if XLN could put a feature in to add all the Addictive drum samples in XO. It certainly has a lot of potential and I need to spend more time learning to use it. ;) 

Edited by Mesh
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

2 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Would be fantastic if XLN could put a feature in to add all the Addictive drum samples in XO. It certainly has a lot of potential and I need to spend more time learning to use it. ;) 

Hopefully they will not only do that but use the existing installed AD kits - i.e. not require those of us who already own AD to purchase 'add-ons' to get those kits into XO.

I frequently use XO.  Although I haven’t ported in additional drum sounds.  I like what is included already.

The Plugin Boutique videos that walk through XO really quickly allows someone thinking about it to get the idea of how it works.  

I haven't seen this mentioned. XO has a tools tip (IOW Manual) at the bottom of the screen. Hoover the mouse over a slider, knob, wavey line, something, and it gives a good description down on the bottom. Very handy!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arnoldoo said:

Would it be safe to say that this promo will last till this weekend? 2020/08/01 ? 
I've sent an email to PB but no answer about that yet

This deal lasts until Aug 3. Typically, info about deals at PB can be found here:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/deals

On that page the graphic for this deal says that this deal ends Aug 2, while the info below the graphic says 24 Jul - August 3.

I think it's fairly safe to assume that the implied end is when Aug 2 ends (end of Sunday night).

Furthermore, XLN Audio is located in Stockholm, Sweden. I'd say that this deal ends when Sunday night ends in Stockholm. But that's really just a guess. Stated plugin deal end dates can be a bit ambiguous when different time zones are involved and adequately specific relevant time details aren't provided.

Either way, I think it can safely be said that it'll still be on sale on Aug 1.

Edited by Cat Schrodinger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cat Schrodinger said:

This deal lasts until Aug 3. Typically, info about deals at PB can be found here:

https://www.pluginboutique.com/deals

On that page the graphic for this deal says that this deal ends Aug 2, while the info below the graphic says 24 Jul - August 3.

I think it's fairly safe to assume that the implied end is when Aug 2 ends (end of Sunday night).

Furthermore, XLN Audio is located in Stockholm, Sweden. I'd say that this deal ends when Sunday night ends in Stockholm. But that's really just a guess. Stated plugin deal end dates can be a bit ambiguous when different time zones are involved and adequately specific relevant time details aren't provided.

Thanks man! Between you and @Zo  had paved the way to getting this one. I've sold something on KVR and the money arrives on Friday, so I'll pull the trigger by then :)

2 hours ago, arnoldoo said:

Thanks man! Between you and @Zo  had paved the way to getting this one. I've sold something on KVR and the money arrives on Friday, so I'll pull the trigger by then :)

Take your time to try it in real condition aka production ...not just testing ....

3 hours ago, Zo said:

Take your time to try it in real condition aka production ...not just testing ....

Oh, be sure about that! i test all my soft directly into projects as this is my job and my DAW  is on 12hs per day :) Thanks 

• Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 2:08 PM, Cat Schrodinger said:

ttps://www.pluginboutique.com/deals

Hey, they answered, "it will be running on the site until August 8" :)

• Thanks 2