XLN Audio XO 50% off at Plugin Boutique

Monomox

49 minutes ago, arnoldoo said:

I installed the trial but couldn't try it then. Now I am  wondering if their system to find similar sounds (when providing a source) really works

Does anybody tried it ?

Check my video on it , it really works and worth every cents ...totally biased opinion here !! 

But by judging the reaction of my students when i show it , it s actually doung thing like it supposed to be ...

inspiring is the word ....

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

3 hours ago, LasWaltz said:

Can it read read EZ files? I guess not, as it is propietary.

Any lib you recommend using it with? I can see the potential...

I really like it and do use it. I have a samples folder with 65+ GB 's of sounds and it's a lot of fun using them with XO.

Checkout https://samplesfrommars.com/ for some great content (I got the bundle "All the samples from mars"). They have deals/sales very often and you can get this dirt cheap.

• Like 1

I pulled the trigger last night, "just in case it's a mistake," I told myself.

I have had the full bundle from Samples From Mars for over a year and haven't used it a single time... maybe with this thing I'll start using them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monomox said:

I pulled the trigger last night, "just in case it's a mistake," I told myself.

I have had the full bundle from Samples From Mars for over a year and haven't used it a single time... maybe with this thing I'll start using them.

Don't just use drum samples. Let the algorithm go to work on 8-bit sounds, hits, etc. That's how you get the most interesting sounds and creativity.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Zo said:

Check my video on it , it really works and worth every cents ...totally biased opinion here !! 

But by judging the reaction of my students when i show it , it s actually doung thing like it supposed to be ...

inspiring is the word ....

Thanks man, I saw the first half. I am not looking for inspiration tho, just find the next similar snare or kick as fast as I can. And it seems this is faster than I would ever be. But I am skeptic that this thing will find real similarities (I've seen several videos and from the 10 first sounds, 6 or 7 are on another ballpark :P)
If I manage to sell my copy of Ableton @kvr, I will def go with it

Nice videos btw!

43 minutes ago, arnoldoo said:

Thanks man, I saw the first half. I am not looking for inspiration tho, just find the next similar snare or kick as fast as I can. And it seems this is faster than I would ever be. But I am skeptic that this thing will find real similarities (I've seen several videos and from the 10 first sounds, 6 or 7 are on another ballpark :P)
If I manage to sell my copy of Ableton @kvr, I will def go with it

Nice videos btw!

Several things

1) it will find similiraties (it was even updated for better results)

2)sounds coming with it a superb 

3) starting a sequence with a kit and playing with map matching will end up most if the time in another better option!!something you would have not thinked of at first and something you would have taken hour to do lol (if you habe zillion of smaples and NI maschine expansions like i have )

4) be sure to play with sequence zone , specially for sexondary rythm ( percu , fills , hh in other beatvfor exemple in additionto ez drummer ect ...)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zo said:

Several things

1) it will find similiraties (it was even updated for better results)

2)sounds coming with it a superb 

3) starting a sequence with a kit and playing with map matching will end up most if the time in another better option!!something you would have not thinked of at first and something you would have taken hour to do lol (if you habe zillion of smaples and NI maschine expansions like i have )

4) be sure to play with sequence zone , specially for sexondary rythm ( percu , fills , hh in other beatvfor exemple in additionto ez drummer ect ...)

Thanks Zo,  you did sold me XO with this post.  🤩

i got the demo and have been having a lot of fun using samples of various noises and world instruments.  It's amazing how quickly it can make beats out of door slams, trash can lids and the like.  Also a good way to use all my world music one-shots without using traditional rhythms.  I'm very tempted. 

Anybody know how long this sale is going to be on?  I'm wondering if it will still be on by August 1st for the new PluginBoutique giveaway. 

• Great Idea 1

I watched a number of videos on this (including yours Zo - great job!) and felt compelled to purchase. I don't have a big sample library so I purchased some big packs from Ghosthacks and I'm looking forward to playing around with this.

Seems very creative and inspirational!

PS: Zo, to select all the notes of a given pitch in Studio One (at least on PC):

Ctrl + Left Click the note on the left selects the line in the selected clip
Ctrl + Alt+Left Click the note on the left selects the line in all clips in the selected track

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Anybody know how long this sale is going to be on?  I'm wondering if it will still be on by August 1st for the new PluginBoutique giveaway. 

From deals summary list it says sale is from July 24 - August 3rd.  Graphic says “ends August 2nd”.  I wouldn’t risk it beyond August 1st just in case but sound like you might just make it hehe

I had been holding off but this 50% off deal did me in.  It’s fun and found a couple of videos showing Maschine and NKS integration/use,  so playing with that now.

• Thanks 1