Rapid Synth

cclarry

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, kevin H said:

Just bought Rapid synth..talk about last minute

Same here. It seems the full synth has a lot more content than the demo (which itself was very impressive) 👍. I will maybe wait for BF to pick up a few of the expansions.

Edited by ZincT

9 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Kind of bummed, they collected 20% VAT on my purchase.  Sure looked like they would/should adjust the final total based on location (I'm in the US) but they don't.

That's odd, because their website shows the sale price INCLUDES 20% tax...

Rapid Synth.PNG

Rapid synth cart.PNG

Edited by abacab

The store implies the VAT is included and separate but they don't remove it if your address isn't EU.  Also seems unlikely they adjust the VAT either (if you aren't in Germany/at 20% Vat).  I kept expecting them to adjust the cart but they never did.  Even though my Parawave account has my full US address and my Paypal account also has that same address.

11 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

The store implies the VAT is included and separate but they don't remove it if your address isn't EU.  Also seems unlikely they adjust the VAT either (if you aren't in Germany/at 20% Vat).  I kept expecting them to adjust the cart but they never did.  Even though my Parawave account has my full US address and my Paypal account also has that same address.

That's weird Matthew. I mean I paid the VAT but I'm in the UK so it's expected but there seems to be a number of similar issues raised in the Rapid KVR forum from folk who are not usually expected to pay VAT. 

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/search.php?keywords=vat&t=470957&sf=msgonly  

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, ZincT said:

That's weird Matthew. I mean I paid the VAT but I'm in the UK so it's expected but there seems to be a number of similar issues raised in the Rapid KVR forum from folk who are not usually expected to pay VAT. 

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/search.php?keywords=vat&t=470957&sf=msgonly  

Thanks for the link ZT.

I found this comment from last year when somebody quoted the vendor response to the question of VAT:

If no European VAT can be applied, a standard worldwide 20% tax is used for price equalization and transaction fees, so the global price for the end-customer stays approximately the same in every country.

Oh well, not going there... 🙄

3 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Mathew, I noticed same thing with my US address.  I used PayPal and it actually brakes down the charges as this.

RAPID Synthesizer 
Item# 1.0€97.49 EUR1€97.49 EUR

Shipping, Handling, Discounts & Taxes 
€19.50 EUR1€19.50 EUR

Subtotal€116.99 EUR

Total€116.99 EUR

it probably would be better if they had an international price versus a European+VAT price because the way it’s currently presented creates confusion.  With that said the sale price was as shown as 116 euros and I paid 116 euros.  It wasn’t like they added an extra 20 euros before purchase or they randomly added for no reason which I think would have led to a different conversation with me.

I kind of regret buying it now.  Collecting a standard worldwide 20% tax used for price equalization and transaction fees without telling the customer in advance doesn't seem legal.  I also don't think the way they have implemented collecting VAT is legal either, VAT isn't always 20%, it is based on the country.  Not collecting and remitting the correct VAT is definitely not legal.  I sure hope collecting an extra 20% was worth losing me as a future customer.  I wonder if Germany has a VAT fraud report site?

59 minutes ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I kind of regret buying it now.  Collecting a standard worldwide 20% tax used for price equalization and transaction fees without telling the customer in advance doesn't seem legal.  I also don't think the way they have implemented collecting VAT is legal either, VAT isn't always 20%, it is based on the country.  Not collecting and remitting the correct VAT is definitely not legal.  I sure hope collecting an extra 20% was worth losing me as a future customer.  I wonder if Germany has a VAT fraud report site?

It isn’t legal indeed. VAT is a form of consumer-based taxation and you should at least be able to deduct it from your professional VAT expenses or have it reimbursed up to the taxation level in your state (which, if you reside in New Hampshire, is zero). 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

Seems like a nice synth though, just playing through some of the patches.  It is a lot like VPS Avenger though.  May take me a bit to figure out what it does differently/better.

I'm done with synths.  In two months between Image Line, Reason Studio upgrade, and Arturia I've gained over 30 synths.  Now if there were half off on Serum.....that would change things.

Edited by Paul Young