XLN Audio February Madness Sale - 50% off EVERYTHING

TheSteven

XLN February Madness Sale - 50% off EVERYTHING from Feb 21-26
https://www.xlnaudio.com/   at checkout use code: SPRING2019

Cheaper at resellers:
JRR Shop:  https://www.jrrshop.com/xln-audio?dir=asc&order=name
for additional discount use code: GROUP  

Best Service: https://www.bestservice.com/xln_audio.html    (sale prices not yet showing)

Note: if you're still building your XLN collection of kits consider getting the XLN Audio Addictive Drums 2: Custom

Select any 3 ADpaks, any 3 MIDIpaks and any 3 Kitpiece Paks to build a drum library that is just right for you! There is no need to choose all your content at once. Pick what you like now and come back for the rest when you're ready.

at the current sale it's around $62 USD at JRR Shop with code: GROUP
https://www.jrrshop.com/xln-audio-addictive-drums-2-custom
This bundle is not showing at XLN web site - they probably pulled it for the sale.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Thanks 1

• TheSteven changed the title to XLN Audio February Madness Sale - 50% off EVERYTHING
33 minutes ago, TerraSin said:

Well that's disappointing. 😕 Was hoping for some new stuff. Maybe AD3. I feel like they've completely abandoned it at this point so I'm going to start looking elsewhere.

I'm frustrated too.  How the heck old is AD2?  Five, six years?  They are sooooooooooooooooooo slow to add stuff that to makes me wonder if all is well in XLN-land.

Of course I can only speculate, but my guess is that most of their customers only have a few AD Packs and that XLN Audio’s business model is based on the fact that it’s much more profitable to have a 50% sale once or twice a year and sell existing products already paid for, than to invest in creating more AD Packs.

43 minutes ago, Canopus said:

Of course I can only speculate, but my guess is that most of their customers only have a few AD Packs and that XLN Audio’s business model is based on the fact that it’s much more profitable to have a 50% sale once or twice a year and sell existing products already paid for, than to invest in creating more AD Packs. 

Except for the past few years they have only put out one single ADPak per year. It's been over a year since the Mallets pak came out.

It's not like they aren't making money from those saved paks though. They are usually obtained by people who buy Custom bundles which, in all honesty, likely makes them a ton of money itself they likely wouldn't have made from single pak sales. I have some saved up so they've already got my money. Plus, they do sales often enough to show that's not really the issue.

• Thanks 1

A good way to expand on this is to buy MIDI packs from Groove Monkee.  They work seamlessly with AD2.

You are all right, though.  They haven't brought anything to the table since the mallets.  I've put all my drum budget into  AD2 for the last few years, because I like the sound.   But lately I admit I've become more interested in Groove Agent 5.  

Or maybe they are working hard on AD3? ;)

Let's remember SD3 increased requirements from customers so to compete on market maybe they needed to rebuild already close to finish AD3? ;)

For long time barely nothing new from they just as if they were focused on something big :)

3 minutes ago, Piotr said:

For long time barely nothing new from they just as if they were focused on something big :)

Yup. Like AIR Music Tech. They have been absent for so long, they must be getting ready to drop something really big any day now!

6 hours ago, Tezza said:

With the XLN stuff, is it still the case that you can only download the product to the computer with the DAW on it, ie, it downloads a stub and then installs it on the computer.

Similar to other big drum libraries XLN uses an installer/manager to download/install the content to your PC.
It's not a portable install/licensing system if that's what your asking.

Yes, that's why I can't use XLN. Having a download manager is fine. Not being able to transfer the program to an offline DAW is not, for me anyway. I would have to download the program to my laptop and then transfer it, which I cannot do with XLN, I think Toontrack is the same which is why I had to ditch those companies. I don't have a reliable internet where my DAW is.

Basically, XLN is not a company that support's offline DAW's, that's all I need to know. I wish the companies would state this clearly, they either support offline DAW's or they don't.