[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2020.07 Early Access

12 hours ago, bitman said:

Someone said perhaps we should go to melodyne 5 to solve this.

It may be difficult decision for some people. I didn't confirm it yet but it's probably not possible to upgrade Melodyne Essential to v.5 on your Windows 10 computer and keep the version 4 on the other, Windows 7 or 8 computer, because Melodyne 5 is now Windows 10 only.

EDIT: oh I didn't notice the post above....

Edited by chris.r

13 minutes ago, Skyline_UK said:

I probably have the wrong end of the stick here, but do I understand that the pending Cakewalk update means my Melodyne Studio 4 won't then work and I have to shell out £135 to buy the Melodyne 5 upgrade?

i just worried the same thing

12 minutes ago, Skyline_UK said:

I probably have the wrong end of the stick here, but do I understand that the pending Cakewalk update means my Melodyne Studio 4 won't then work and I have to shell out £135 to buy the Melodyne 5 upgrade?

I have Studio 4 and it is working well in the EA 20.07

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Skyline_UK said:

22 minutes ago, wetdentist said:

i just worried the same thing

Cakewalk update does not automatically mess up your Melodyne S4. You have to upgrade your computer to windows 10 and move over Cakewalk and Melodyne S4 to it, to mess up your Melodyne.

In short: It's the windows version you're using that decides if it could give you problems with Melodyne Studio 4.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skyline_UK said:

No, we don't require Melodyne updates. Earlier versions of Melodyne 4 were subject to stability issues,  so we strongly recommend making sure you're on the latest version available to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kurre said:

In short: It's the windows version you're using that decides if it could give you problems with Melodyne Studio 4.

FWIW, I am using W10 -1903 and have no problems with either CbB 20-07 or Melodyne Studio 4.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Skyline_UK said:

No, not necessarily. I tried Melodyne 4 with the EA last night and it performed as expected.

Jerry

• Like 1

Hi, well i got a problem not with EA version but with latest update.
program tries to acquire internet to get news, but i got a problem with internet after windows update
in safe mode Cakewalk runs well (and internet too), but in normal mode it gets stuck
and a last registry keys it tries to access is about winhttp.

I would suggest to move update manager in separate program (like vst scan do) or use Assistant to check it.
and if something is wrong with internet settings or connection, then it should just skip that, so it was more like offline program.

really it was working before last update, but i can't say exactly, maybe some registry values are under restrictions, because of w2004 update, but i was able to start that and recorded some yesterday, then just decided to update.

Edited by OeAi

Japanese lang Arranger Track Menu shows [][][][][]

POC 
set lang to Japanese.
Show Arranger Track
Consol::Arranger::View::Inspector::InspectorBorderComponent<Arranger::View::Inspector::ArrangerInspectorComponent
some menu show [][][][]
Input Japanese to Arranger Track name. it shows [][][][][][]
Section type text [][][][][]

Reproducibility : 100% (all project file)
workaound : none
When started : Arranger Track Cakewalk 2020.04 Early Access
fontbug-1-1.thumb.jpg.cd3ac31a9d8a1a80a62e6cace9e539e9.jpgfontbug-2-1.thumb.jpg.7652a7cd9f5dc66a45d8194944a8395f.jpgfontbug-3-1.jpg.beac69b9b2c351b5fc7df97ef63a0041.jpg

Edited by JM2

Removing of automation lane does not work properly?

Hi, I added 2 automations to a track: VOLUME and MODULATION. Then I copied one clip of the first track via dragging (ctrl-key was pressed) to a second track. Automation was copied, too. I then noticed, that I don't want the volume automation on track 2. I am able to delete it, via clicking in MINUS or via contextmenu and the VOLUME automation lane disappears. 

But when I enter SHIFT-A I can see it still exists.

Am I using it wrong or is that a bug?

best regards

Peter

The MINUS in the automation lane header deletes the automation lane but does NOT delete the automation envelope. This is by design.

To delete an automation envelope see http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Automation.11.html#1154521

If a track has no automation, opening up the automation lanes automatically adds Volume automation. This may be reassigned or deleted as needed. This too is by design.

• Like 2

I would love a change in the size of the console faders for the next version. We need bigger faders like other Daw's like Cubase, Sequoia, Fl Studio etc. It would be a very positive development in the workflow and the visual interface. Another important improvement is the ease of working directly with Side Chain from the plugins inserted in the channel, as Sequoia does for example.  At Cakewalk finding the Sidechain is not in sight as it should be. This is something that colleagues working on other Daws have criticized. Thank you, Cakewalk is my Daw for more of 10 years.

Edited by enmamusic
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 2

4 hours ago, enmamusic said:

I would love a change in the size of the console faders for the next version. We need bigger faders like other Daw's like Cubase, Sequoia, Fl Studio etc. It would be a very positive development in the workflow and the visual interface. Another important improvement is the ease of working with Side Chain from the plugins inserted in the channel, as Sequoia does for example. This is something that colleagues working on other Daws have criticized. Thank you, Cakewalk is my Daw for more of 10 years.

I'm confused by what you mean when you say the console faders are too small. I've attached a screenshot showing the FL Studio, Cakewalk, and Cubase faders side by side. They all look about the same to me. Do you mean how long the throw is? If that's the case... I don't entirely agree. Fader accuracy when using the mouse is defined entirely by how far you have to move the mouse itself, not by the graphic on the screen. I can move even the tiny Track View faders with just as much accuracy as any 100mm fader (and with even more precision while holding shift). I'd rather not see faders taking up more precious screen space if there is no real-world benefit. That said... I'd be all for the fader throw being adjustable.

Could you describe what Sequoia does differently in regards to sidechains?

faders.gif

• Like 2

Not sure if anyone else has brought this up... but I am no longer able to use the Ctrl modifier to open multiple plugin windows simultaneously. If a plugin window is open, holding Ctrl and double clicking on another plugin does nothing.