[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2020.07 Early Access

2 hours ago, Lemar Sain said:

Akai MPC software plugin hangs when loading sounds.

I've had a similar experience with Waves Grand Electric 80, on loading the samples, with no audio driver set. I don't get the connection, but once I've set the audio I/Os, it loaded the samples normally.

2 hours ago, mancemusic said:

Not 100% sure if it's just a setting reset or a bug, but ctrl+clicking plugins doesn't pin them anymore.  Minor annoyance but a commonly used feature in my experience.

Yes . . . I've seen this too, something is amiss with plugin recycling . . . doesn't work the way it did before . eg. I have to turn off plugin recycling to get my 2 (Ozone) plugins on the master buss to both come up together. ctrl+click will not allow both.

On 7/27/2020 at 7:15 PM, foldaway said:

Using Ctrl + Left Mouse Click to open multiple VST GUI's at the same time does not work  in 2020.07 EA.

nb. reposting as think it may have been missed before & this is quite a workflow killer for those who use a lot of plugins.

Thanks.

8 hours ago, mancemusic said:

Not 100% sure if it's just a setting reset or a bug, but ctrl+clicking plugins doesn't pin them anymore.  Minor annoyance but a commonly used feature in my experience.

5 hours ago, noynekker said:

Yes . . . I've seen this too, something is amiss with plugin recycling . . . doesn't work the way it did before . eg. I have to turn off plugin recycling to get my 2 (Ozone) plugins on the master buss to both come up together. ctrl+click will not allow both.

FYI - this has been fixed for the main release.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi:)

Great work!!

Just one thing, but I don't know if this is perhaps Version 05 related:

Goto next marker is now "Next Marker" OR "Next Section"

Wouldn't it be better to keep it clear?

Next Marker is Next Marker as it means it and Next Section is Next Section?

Don't know how to get to next marker if a section end/start is in between markers....

Not a problem for Shortcut, I just press twice, but Midi Controllers can't see if it is a marker or a section! If I do selections with Controller it is impossible to select the region between 2 markers!

Thanks;)

Bassman.

14 minutes ago, Heinz Hupfer said:

Hi:)

Great work!!

Just one thing, but I don't know if this is perhaps Version 05 related:

Goto next marker is now "Next Marker" OR "Next Section"

Wouldn't it be better to keep it clear?

Next Marker is Next Marker as it means it and Next Section is Next Section?

Don't know how to get to next marker if a section end/start is in between markers....

Not a problem for Shortcut, I just press twice, but Midi Controllers can't see if it is a marker or a section! If I do selections with Controller it is impossible to select the region between 2 markers!

Thanks;)

Bassman.

This was done primarily for Control Surface support, and also because we envisaged many users wanting to use Arranger Sections instead of markers.

You can disable using sections for marker navigation, by changing the following in preferences:
image.png.0bf4ab42a9e2971f55748dc3139ecc73.png

There's no need to restart Cakewalk for this setting - clicking Apply will apply this immediately.

Note this does not affect the go to next section / go to previous section key bindings which will continue to work.

• Like 1

I'm making a new AZController preset and for selecting between markers and select sections it was not possible to do marker selections.

Thank you very much;)

In the Attachment you can see 1. Moving selection between markers and 2. moving selection of sections

With your setting it works as expected!

Bassman.

Edited by Heinz Hupfer

Hi, thanks for the 2020.07 EA! The Staff View fixes are great, it's nice to see it working!

I still didn't try the Arranger as I've been using CbB for simpler tasks, but it seems to be great!

By the way, @Noel Borthwick I'd like to say files info on bottom of Media Browser are visible again! I don't know what happened [on previous version] but thanks God it's working!

Edited by mgustavo

On 7/27/2020 at 4:19 PM, Jim Fogle said:

Greetings Nelson and welcome to the forum.

You've made some interesting suggestions.  However many forum users won't see your suggestions or have an opportunity to comment on them.  May I suggest you post your suggestions in the Feedback Loop forum section so all forum members will have an opportunity to review the suggestions?  The Feedback Loop is here:  https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/forum/8-feedback-loop/

hi, Jim! Thank you again! I'll do this! 

• Like 1

Cakewalk just keeps getting better and better. All of the programmers have done a splendid job and keep on doing so. The feedback from Cakewalk is also a very  greatly appreciated added feature.   Thank you all. 

• Like 1

I'm having some issues with the arranger track. I recorded some midi and created an arranger section. If I move, copy it, or suplicate it, it doesn-t move the track content with it. If I define the section as a section type everything works fine. Is this by design?

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out!

Edited by Esteban Villanova

30 minutes ago, Stxx said:

CRASHES CONSISTENTLY WHEN CREATING REGION FX w MELODYNE 4 EDITOR.  Either crashes completely or freezes.   Really slows down the workflow!

Someone said perhaps we should go to melodyne 5 to solve this.

Thanks Again Cakewalk Team!

The new version is working great for my production needs! If I could make one request? And, that is, with regard to "Clip" and the "Automation" envelope choices. For many years, I've had to do a time consuming dance between the 'Clip' and 'Automation' during my final mixing. I would rather the 'Clip' setting stay as the default choice. Personally, after automating my mix, is when I really tighten clips and edit clips/parts; as well as additional automation . I rarely, by comparison to working in the Clip mode, edit the Automation envelopes; I do at times edit the envelopes, but maybe 5%, it is just the dance around the "Clip" edit and "Automation" envelopes that slows down my production workflow. Perhaps a choice/setting to make the 'Clip' the default would be perfect, at least for my work in Cakewalk. Just my 2 pennies worth.

Great work Cakewalk Team!

Most Respectfully,

-Michael Heavner

Cakewalk user for over 30 years

Clip opposed to Automation.JPG

Edited by Michael Heavner
cleaned up some grammar:-)

3 hours ago, bitman said:

Someone said perhaps we should go to melodyne 5 to solve this.

Hey there, I had the same problem with Melodyne 4 and 5 . I have the paid version of 4, and upgrade to the paid version of Melodyne 5. But the new version of Cakewalk granted to us has solved all my issues.

All the best,

-Michael Heavner

10 hours ago, Stxx said:

CRASHES CONSISTENTLY WHEN CREATING REGION FX w MELODYNE 4 EDITOR.  Either crashes completely or freezes.   Really slows down the workflow!

What version of Melodyne 4 are you using? Valid licenses of Melodyne 4 should have gotten a free upgrade to v5 I believe, check with Celemony for that. Early versions of 4 had some stability issues that were subsequently addressed.